Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Pixies Flirt

Send a message via AIM to 1nutworld
BLACK, Maize and Blue

Glenn "Bo" Schembechler, the legendary former head coach of the Michigan Wolverines, has passed away today at the age of 77.

Regardless of the victor of tomorrow's game BOTH Universities will be feeling a sense of loss. I'm sure there will be some sort of tribute prior to the game.

An Ohio native, Bo Schembechler was an assistant coach at THE Ohio State University under his former mentor and rival Woody Hayes- starting in 1958, before becoming the head football coach at the University of Michigan after the end of the 1968 football season. From 1963 -1968 Bo was the head coach at Miami University, in Oxford Ohio.

Woody and Bo were dynamic forces in the late 60's and 70's and their personalities made the rivalry between the two schools, the "best" rivalry game in college football.

Bo was preceded in death by Woody Hayes and his wife Millie, and survived by his only son, who ironically lives in Columbus, Ohio, and his second wife Cathy.

Last edited by 1nutworld : 11-17-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:45 PM

Larger than life figures leave larger than life holes in our world.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:47 PM
Loungin' Around

RIP Bo.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 11-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

No Mo Bo,

sadly it is now true.

R.I.P. Coach
Old 11-18-2006, 12:59 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
I read that his doctor wouldn't rule out that the excitement over the upcoming game was what triggered his heart attack...also this wasn't his first attack, that it was something of a miracle that he lasted so long as he did...might I suppose he & Woody are facing off against each other now in the Afterlife Bowl?

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:30 AM
Leo was right

It's amazing how a dose of reality can sweep in and completely change the way we view things. When a famous person whom we "love" passes, it just seems to have such a different effect on us (collectively) than if it happens to a normal Jane or Joe that we might read about in the obits.

There were literally millions of people who got up yesterday morning and couldn't wait to get the day over with so that Saturday would roll around and they'd have that Michigan/Ohio St. game to watch and sort of get away from the real world. Then they hear the news of Bo's passing and all of a sudden the real world crashed the party, so to speak.

I think perhaps Oldfart summed it up perfectly, "Larger than life figures leave larger than life holes in our world."

RIP Bo, from one Hawkeye who is very grateful that you were ever here in the first place for all of us to enjoy.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:08 AM
Pixies Flirt

First, I'd like to say thanks to those who have posted.

I've made no bones about the fact that I'm a Michigan fan, always have been always will. Yesterday the news of Bo's passing shocked me, but the grief hadn't set in,today it has. OF's words below ring so true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart
Larger than life figures leave larger than life holes in our world.

I never met the man, but his influence on my life has been huge. I own a copy of his book Michigan Memories, that describes the traditions of not only of the University of Michigan football program, but the band as well, and how they are linked.

Thanks Bo, for being a part of my life, and for reminding me that

Those who stay, will be CHAMPIONS
Old 11-18-2006, 09:07 AM
Pixies Flirt

I just found out something that needs to be noted.

There is a band from Columbus Ohio, called the Dead Schembechlers, they are all OSU alum or at least students- I'm not sure. During their concerts, they all dress like former OSU head coach Woody Hayes. The Band members all have the first name of "BO". They sing songs with a decidedly Anti-Michigan slant, songs like "Bomb Ann Arbor now", and "Chad Henne"-which features the lyrics; "Chad Henne is a mother-f%$#&ing joke".

In my opinion it's kinda hokey, but not meant in a spiteful way. With the passing of Bo Schembechler, the band has announded that "TONIGHT'S SHOW WILL BE THE FINAL AS THE DEAD SCHEMBECHLERS: The band has announced that tonight's show will be their final under their name. If they do continue as a musical entity in the future, it will be under a changed moniker."

All I can say is they have a new fan!!

http://www.dispatch.com/news-story....1118-A6-04.html