Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2003, 08:48 AM
Everybody Stretch!

READ THIS....If you are tired of telemarketers!

It's dinnertime! The phone rings.........and we all know who it is!

OR

We go to our mailbox or P.O. box and it's stuffed with more than just bills and letters and cards! Junk mail! Arrggggg! Now you have to dispose of it. Your trash can is full by the time you sort through it all.

*If you are like me......I pay a price to have my trash hauled away. I have to buy special township trash bags.....proving I paid to have my trash hauled. They only hold 40lbs. each.......and part of this is always JUNK MAIL!*

Here are some great solutions............

> > > > > >

Steve Rubenstein, a writer for the San Francisco Chronicle, has proposed Three Little Words, based on his brief experience in a tele-marketing operation that would stop the nuisance for all time. The three little words are: "Hold On, Please"...

Saying this while putting down your phone and walking off, instead of hanging up immediately, would make each tele-marketing call so time-consuming that boiler rooms would grind to a halt. When you eventually hear the phone company's beep-beep-beep tone, you know it's time to go back and hang up
your handset, which has efficiently completed its task. This might be one of those articles you'll want to e-mail to your friends. Three little words that eliminate telephone soliciting.

> > > > > >
Another Good Idea
> > > > > >

Do you ever get those annoying phone calls with no one on the other end? This is a telemarketing technique where a machine makes phone calls and records the time of day when a person answers the phone. This technique is used to determine the best time of day for a real sales person to call back and get someone at home. What you can do after answering, if you notice
there is no one there, immediately start hitting your #
button on the phone, 6 or 7 times, as quickly as
possible. This confuses the machine dialed call and it kicks your number out of their system.

> > > > > >
Another Good Idea
> > > > > >

When you get ads in your phone or utility bill, include them with the payment. Let the companies throw them away. When you get those pre-approved letters in the mail for everything from credit cards to 2nd mortgages and junk like that, most of them come with postage paid return envelopes, right? Well, why not get rid of some of your other junk mail and put it in these cool little envelopes.
> > > > > >
Send an ad from your local chimney cleaner to American Express. Send the pizza coupon to Citibank.
> > > > > >
If you didn't get anything else that day then just send them their application back.....Blank! If you want to remain anonymous, just make sure your name isn't on anything you send them. You can send the envelope back empty if you want, just to keep them guessing!
> > > > > >
Eventually, the banks and credit card companies will begin getting their junk back in the mail. Let's let them know what it's like to get junk mail. And the best of it is that they're paying for it! Twice!
> > > > > >

Let's help keep our postal service busy since they say e-mail is cutting into their business, and that's why they need to increase postage again.

LMAO! Hope this solves some problems for you! I know it will for me!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 01-25-2003, 09:31 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Wink Thank you SO much Lixy!

All of these issues are nagging little things that have bugged the shit out of me . I’ve been doing a couple little things, but nothing as good as your suggestions. Just finding the real mail among the junk is a task in it’s self. I’m going to be “returning” a lot of applications and offers with only “NO THANKS” written on them, (along with ALL the other stuff from their mailing). And I’ll be passing you suggestions along to a lot of people.

The trash issue is one that I’ve pissed MYSELF off with. Over the years, as the house emptied, I suddenly found I was pushing the super-rugged-4-can trash cart I had built, 160 ft. through the snow with one garbage in it. From a family of four, a dog and two cats, the trash volume goes down. As I don’t cook, and without the junk mail, I could use a sandwich bag each week.

Now the trash bag in my car is a different story!

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 01-25-2003, 01:11 PM
Southern Belle

Those are fabulous tips Lixy. I will be using a few of them myself
Old 01-25-2003, 01:15 PM
Wildland Fire Fighter

All great ideas.
Can't use any of them.
In Colorado we have a "NO CALL LIST"
I put our number on there 8 months ago and have not had ONE call.
Love It.

Pixie's Wildland Fire Fighter
Find'em HOT and Leave'em WET!
Old 01-25-2003, 05:45 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

I LOVE my junk mail or wish lists as i call em *L*

As for the phone calls they suck big time....i just tell em i'm busy and hang up!!!

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 01-25-2003, 06:59 PM
here and there

Quote:
Originally posted by m45 In Colorado we have a "NO CALL LIST"

New York also has a no-call registry, there's a web site where you can sign up your number. It really does work, now I only get a call every now and then, unlike the "old"days.

But I really do like the returning the mail idea in the free envelopes... I think I'm gonna start doing that!
Old 01-25-2003, 07:00 PM

Great ideas . I started to send my junk mail back.
Old 01-25-2003, 07:14 PM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
Im too cheap to put in another phone line and I am always online...pixies is my prevention to telemarketers..
Old 01-25-2003, 07:16 PM
~*Geeky Girl*~

I wish...I'm going to get one of those TeleZappers for when I'm home during the day most days. They drive me up a tree.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 01-27-2003, 01:27 AM
smiling

Send a message via Yahoo to dzbuster
i like the mail solution. as far as telemarketers i agree to buy whatever they sell then deny it to the verifier.
Old 01-27-2003, 01:56 AM
Working Stiff

Just gonna put my 2 cents in. I work for a major home security company. Our monitoring department, the ones that call your home and the police if your alarm goes off, use computers to dial your number to call your home and other contacts. Telezaper will delete your number from their database. Soooooo...if you don't have a home security system, by ALL MEANS get Telezapper, I've got one and absolutely love it. But I don't have a home security system. Another thing that messes with a security system is that Privacy Manager most people get to stop telemarketers, basically, if you get a call that's not recognized by the system, you have to either enter a code or record a voice mail message, if your home security company is trying to call, and their number is nto recognized, they can't get through. Just a few things I thought I'd bring up, sorry for the essay..lol.
Old 01-27-2003, 03:54 AM

Lixy

Loooooove the mail-back.

I'll be using it from now on.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:45 PM
~figment of imagination~

My husband got angry with all the junk mail he finally snapped. He took a return envelope from a junk mailing filled it with door hinges (for weight) and mail it back to the company saying "Now it is your turn for some junk mail."
LOL return postage guaranteed envelopes what are they thinking. LOL
~ me! ~
Old 01-27-2003, 09:35 PM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaKyttn
As one of the evil telesatans, I must say that I do all kinds of ill shit to the guys that call me..... "Is Mrs. (insert my g/f's last name) in?" no "is Mr. (insert same last name)" this is she........ then theres always hang on...... 45 seconds, just a bit longer, sorry for the delay...... >loud fake orgasm<

oh and as for the no call list, the Co i work for doesn't recognize the list, and good luck to the ppl trying to track it down, even I don't know where they are!

always,
Kyttn

(hey sorry but it pays the bills)
Old 01-28-2003, 02:31 PM

And whats worse than telemarketers !!!
All that junk e-mail that's delivered to my inbox every day