Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Erotic Stories > Interactive/Role Playing Stories
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2004, 12:01 AM
A Little of Both

Redemption (closed)

Seraphina....

Not a care in the world, the young girl sat between her brother and sister in the back of the family carriage. Her copper curls bounced in time with the ruts in the road. She was dressed simply. Her family was rich, but only in love. To Seraphina, that was all that mattered.

At fifteen she was the middle child but always mistaken for the youngest because she was small for her age. Her father affectionately called her ‘Pixie’. He claimed that although she was small she contained enough spunk and determination that he was sure, if she wanted to, she could fly.

Ten years later, as she sat alone in the corner of a dusty pub, reflecting back upon that day, Seraphina could barely recall the feelings of contentment and love that always seemed to surround her as a child. All of those feelings were overshadowed by bitter outrage at the strange force that had ripped her family from her forever.

They had been going to the annual Harvest Festival. A ride that usually took only half the day turned into an all day affair because of the rainstorms the night before. Mud slowed their progress and the heavy rains had washed out the bridge to the main road. Her father took the long way, claiming the day as beautiful and telling them all to enjoy the weather while it lasted.

Her heart still full of grief, Seraphina smiled ironically. Her father was always the optimist. What would he have said had he known his fate? Her smile fading, Seraphina paused in her recollection to draw a deep breath. Already she felt her blood begin to pound.

As night drew around her traveling family they chased away the chill by huddling together and singing songs. She noticed her father was a bit on edge, but attributed it to the conditions of the road. Eventually, she felt the wagon begin to slow, then stop.

“Children, hush!” her father whispered. Immediately they fell silent, listening for whatever it was their father had heard.

The horses moved restlessly, urging the carriage forward. He held them in place, whispering gentle calming words to them. They stayed put, but remained jittery.

“What is it Dear?” her mother asked.

In a hushed voice he said “The horses, they are uneasy. And I’ve seen something following us in the woods.” Smiling at his wife he laid a comforting hand on her knee. “I’m sure it’s just an animal Mama. Hand me the crossbow and I’ll see what I can find.”

Seraphina saw the man before anyone else. He seemed to appear from thin air beside the tree line she was facing. He was tall. Taller than any man she had ever seen. His skin was pale and almost seemed to glow in the moonlight. His eyes were an unnatural shade of blue that she could clearly see even from where she sat.

His eyes met hers, and for a brief moment she was engulfed in a feeling of hatred so powerful it made her sick. At first glance he appeared to be a gentleman lost in the woods, until she saw the bright red spill of blood down his shirt. Her cry of warning lodged in her throat as he smiled wickedly and bared his fangs at her, feeding on her fear.

Beside her, she felt her younger brother stiffen and gasp. As one, her family turned toward the monster by the trees. Instantly he was gone, seeming to disappear as if he was mist.

With extraordinary swiftness and strength the monster circled round the carriage and attacked from behind. She felt herself being hurled from the carriage and landing hard on her side, the screams of her family ringing in her ears. Struggling to sit up, she looked back at the overturned carriage. That thing had flipped it as if turning over a playing card.

Almost blinded by the dark, she fumbled around in search of her family. She could hear them calling out to one another. Suddenly her sister’s scream pierced the night and abruptly ceased, turning Seraphina’s blood to ice. She ran toward the sound, cradling her injured arm in her hand. Over stones and branches she moved with a cat like quickness, calling out to her sister.

Seraphina found her sister’s crumpled body at the base of a tree. She hugged her close, only to feel the warm gush of blood flowing from a mortal wound at her neck. Sobbing her anguish, she moved on, in search of anyone the Monster hadn’t killed. Her tiny feet picked their way around the carriage, holding in her sobs of fright and grief so as not to attract the attention of whatever fiend was hunting them.

It was then that she heard the voice of her father.

“Run Damn You!” he yelled.

Seraphina followed the voice, finding him standing face to face with the monster in a pool of moonlight, her mother standing behind him, refusing to leave.

As the monster walked slowly towards them, taking pleasure in the couple’s fear, her father took aim and fired arrow after arrow at him. The demon remained unhurt. In an instant he was upon them. He swiftly grasped her father by the neck and pulled him close. Viciously the fiend tore open her father’s throat and gorged himself upon his blood. Her mother screamed and fell as she tried to run from the sight.

Tossing her beloved father’s lifeless body aside, the beast turned his attention to her mother. Rage built up inside her as she saw him stalk her mother through the dirt. As he reached for her mother’s neck, Seraphina ran. Picking up her father’s fallen arrows and letting loose a bloodcurdling scream, she flung herself onto the monster’s back. With all her strength she plunged the arrow into his back, but to no avail. He continued his grizzly feast.

At that moment Seraphina felt herself being torn from the monster’s back and tossed into the nearby grass. She watched, spellbound, as a man shrouded in a long black cloak descended upon the monster, ripping him away from her mother’s body. She watched as they struggled. The cloaked man seized the arrow from the monsters back and plunged it into his chest, killing him instantly.

In shock she watched as the man bent reverently down to her mother and placed his fingers to her neck to check for a pulse. Pent up sobs erupted from Seraphina’s throat as his hand gently passed over her mother’s eye lids, closing them forever.

Filled with grief and despair she allowed her rescuer to lift her into his arms. He allowed her cry into his shoulder, soothing her with soft words.

“What of my brother? Does he live?” she asked through her tears.

“No Dear one.” the man said in a hushed voice, holding her closer. “I am sorry I could not save you all.” He whispered into her hair.

After awhile her sobs subsided and shock ensued. She relaxed against his body and felt sleep overtake her.

“Be at rest little Pixie. I will see you to safety.” he said.

She started at his use of her father’s nick name for her and looked groggily up into his face. It was hidden in shadows. She slipped into a dreamless sleep against his chest, wondering in the back of her mind just who her mysterious hero was.

Seraphina awoke in the care of the local orphanage. After some searching she was placed in the custody of her only remaining relative, her mother’s brother. She asked the people at the orphanage about her mysterious rescuer again and again. All they were able to tell her was that a man brought her to the door late that night. He stayed long enough to advise them that her family was murdered by a highwayman and he had found her alive by the side of the road and was gone. He left her, along with a purse filled with gold, and instructed them to care for her until she was found a permanent home.

She found that home with her Uncle Thomas. He was a kind man. He kept a lot to himself but always treated her well. He lived with his sister Katheryn. Seraphina spent most of her days with her, taking care of their small cottage.

After the night her family died Seraphina’s whole demeanor changed. The carefree child she once had been was gone. Her soul had been crushed under the weight of grief and confusion. She wondered constantly at the events of that night. What was that thing? Why did it attack them and most of all, who was the man that had saved her?

About a year later, she finally received some of the answers that constantly plagued her. She was collecting water from the well when she heard noises coming from the nearby forest. She followed the sound and came across a small glade. Her uncle was there with a young man she did not know. They were armed and seemed to be engaged in combat training. By the look of grim determination, it appeared the young man was the student. Surprised to see them there, she hid behind a tree and watched as they parried. With a final grunt and jab the swordplay ceased.

“How do you expect to be ready William? The trials are a month away and still you have not finished your training!” her Uncle yelled.

The young man began to speak but her Uncle cut him off.

“No excuses! You came to me, begging to be trained. Promising you would give this your all. ‘Vampires!’ You told me. You wanted to be in the order so you could ‘kill the evil blood suckers’. You swore with such passion. Kill them! Ha! You would be dead with in the week. I can not have that William.” Her Uncle spat at the young man.

Obviously shameful the young man hung his head. “I will try harder Master.”

With a snort of disgust her uncle answered “See that you do.” as he turned to collect his things. “You better be getting on home now boy. Your Mother will be worried. And, as we know, worried mothers are nosey Mothers.”

Seraphina watched the boy go, in awe of what she had just learned. A secrete order? Vampires? Pieces of her puzzle were coming together. Lost in her thoughts she did not hear her Uncle approach.

“Sera, you should not be spying, it is impolite.” Her uncle said matter-of-factly.

“How did you know I was here?” she exclaimed.

“Do you think I got to be a Master in the Order of the Sun with out developing some skill girl?” he laughed. “Come here, we have much to discuss.”

That day, for the first time since her family had been taken from her, she was given a direction for her rage. Vampires. Her Uncle told her of the creatures. Schooled her in all their lore and taught her how to fight them and defend herself. He learned quickly how powerful the fury inside her was. Despite her size she could out fight, out track and out hunt every man in The Order by her twentieth birthday, including him.

No matter how many Vampires they slew, she never seemed to be satisfied. Her soul was consumed with hatred for the species and she had dedicated her life to The Order and all its ideals. The never ending hunt to cleanse her wounds of sorrow in the blood of the monsters that ripped her family from her life. And always in the back of her mind, she wondered at the man who had rescued her that night. Will she ever see him again? Be able to thank him?

The waiter came to her table, interrupting her thoughts and asked if she required anything further. The kitchen was about to close. She declined and paid her tab, readying herself to leave. It was then that one of them walked in. Shielding her face and locking her mind she sat and watched as he talked with the barkeep. Finishing his business he turned to leave. Silently she pursued him, pulling her sword from its sheath as she followed him down the busy street....

"The full moon is calling, the fever is high.
And the wicked wind whispers and moans.
You got your demons, you got desires
Well, I got a few of my own"
~The Eagles