Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Pixies Flirt

Send a message via AIM to 1nutworld
Calling All Lawyers!

Does anyone know where I might find some legal assistance.

I recieved paperwork from a Lawsuit that is being tried, I am not involved in the case currently, but I have the option of joining it. The thing is, I don't understand what the paperwork means.

I guess I flunked "reading legal-ese 101" in school.

If anyone has any good suggestions, or wants a better idea of what I am talking about, let me know, either here or PM's.

Thanks everyone!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:08 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Is it a class action? I've been a part of many. Only once was it something that actually caused me to get a check.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 03-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Pixies Flirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
Is it a class action? I've been a part of many. Only once was it something that actually caused me to get a check.

Yes it is a class action lawsuit. I guess I COULD have stated that. Duh!
Old 03-08-2007, 10:39 PM
1 of 8,029,150,258

You strike me as the type of person that would recall if something of actual significance happened in your life, 1NW. It does sound like another blood sucker has it's teeth into the juggler of our system and if you think there is remote chance you could feed on the digested droppings, go ahead and aid the parasite. Just remember it is NOT a symbiotic relationship they are looking for.

(any relationship between the appearance of disillusionment and revulsion is purely intentional )

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 03-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Pixies Flirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
You strike me as the type of person that would recall if something of actual significance happened in your life, 1NW. It does sound like another blood sucker has it's teeth into the juggler of our system and if you think there is remote chance you could feed on the digested droppings, go ahead and aid the parasite. Just remember it is NOT a symbiotic relationship they are looking for.

(any relationship between the appearance of disillusionment and revulsion is purely intentional )

PF,
Thanks for the positive comment of my personality. I'm not in favor of all the litigation that goes on these days, and it will probably ammount to nothing, but at the same time, after being out of work for this length of time, anything would help. I'm kind of torn. But.......I don't want to be a parasite either.

I totally understand how the appearance of disillusionment could be viewed as intentional
Old 03-09-2007, 05:26 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
The one that caused me to get a check involved my first mortgage company. They had to return 7,000 to me for refusing to lower the amount added to my payments for taxes when we finally qualified after a year for homestead. Apparently they were doing that to everyone. It had caused me to pay more than twice the expected payment for 16 months instead of 4. I had to take a night job that second year. We just could not get them to fix it or to return our money. Sometimes its important to stand up with a group. Alone they repeatedly did nothing for me.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 03-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Pixies Flirt

Thanks LIL. I hadn't considered that possibility.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:33 AM
is not this trim anymore!

It's generally understood that litigation rewards the litigators, not the victims in the suit.

I had a landlord withhold my security deposit and provide me with a mile long list of reasons why. Luckily, I was prepared for it because the previous tenant reached out to us right after we leased the apartment seeking our assistance for the same problem. I had provided her with a letter stating that all of the items on her list were not significant issues and were not addressed prior to our occupancy...and that the landlord did not give any indication they were going to be addressed.

I called the previous tenant and together, we brought the landlord to court. Because the deposits were wrongfully withheld, we were entitled to twice the value back...which was just enough to cover the legal fees. But you know what? I didn't care! Even if I didn't get money back, it brought me joy knowing they had to pay something out.

Yeah, I know, counting time off from work and all the aggravation it was a phyrric victory but it was also a moral one. We won one for the good guys! ha ha

So to address your question, if all it takes is the filling out of a form and the cost of a stamp...why not do it? Even if you don't hit the mother load, you may at least make someone accountable for a wrongdoing.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Whether you need to get a lawyer to explain things may depend on the nature of the complaint. Some torts are filed just agravate the companies, some are intended to correct real wrongs, like Lil's or WI's cases. I'm guessing you may have received notice about some company that you've done business with about their way of doing it...I've recently gotten notices that I'm eligible to get something from Epson & Tracfone, but in both cases to receive my benifits I must make a purchase of some sort...not a prob with my phone, but no $%(*& way I would buy another overpriced print cartridge from those greedy bastards at Epson...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:42 PM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Have a seat

I prefaced my statement with "You strike me as the type of person that would recall if something of actual significance happened in your life, 1NW." My thought is that if you do not have a plainly stated event, person or company that is specific and meaningful to you as the cause for the action, it is most likely another exercise of the practitioners trying to get their snouts into the trough.

It is not the system intended to administer fairness that is at fault, but the abuse of it from within. Lil's case maintains the thread of faith for it's existence and function. I'm only sorry to have to say I truly believe it is the rare minority of copious litigious action that relentlessly flood through the system. WildIrish's experience seems to be the best half of the mean average for the plaintiff wronged. Were satisfaction accepted as due payment for rent or a loaf of bread, I perhaps could be more enthusiastic for what I consider the self-serving offensive use of the legal system.

I also hope that an alternate verbiage dispels any glee or pleasure received from my statement of disappointment in this part of our governmental systems or any other portion. While I not only maintain that I have the right to do so, I also feel I have the obligation to make it know when the funded trusts that we as citizens willingly give, are misused, abused or neglected. Public servants are adequately compensated and we have the right to expect competency in the execution of their primary purpose and task.

My rants of an incompetent, self-serving, game-playing, bureaucracy of corrupt thieves and assholes is not from bitterness, but from a truly sad concern when objectivity, fairness and commonsense seem to be fleeting.

<------- *Steps down from soapbox and looks for a skirt of sanctuary and rest to retreat under*

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world