Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2004, 01:27 PM
Ethical Epicurean

Send a message via AIM to lakritze Send a message via Yahoo to lakritze
C.P. Being a Unitarian,I have respect for all people's relgions.I signed the petition. Images sacred to people, should not be used in this manner.
Old 04-23-2004, 01:30 PM
ThePower of Chinese Woman

lakritze

thank you very much. me too I would never disrepect to any religion either.
In other countries like Far East Asia women are still held in LOWER esteem BUT in China, it’s a different story. Chinese women are much more aggressive and outspoken and held in Higher esteem.” I love Communist that provides males and females Equality and WOMEN’S Rights in China.
Old 04-23-2004, 02:04 PM
It wasn't me!!!

Send a message via MSN to musketeer
ChinesePussy, No I don't mean Budism is too kind in the world. I simply mean that to the best of my knowledge Budist are far more tolerant than some other religions, and because of this some people/groups may see them as a soft target.

I would also like to add I don't mean to cause offence to you about your religion and I appologise if I have.
if not an escape from life?
Old 04-23-2004, 02:22 PM

musketeer

that is OK. sorry that sometimes i miss understand.

yes thank you very much for your participate
In other countries like Far East Asia women are still held in LOWER esteem BUT in China, it’s a different story. Chinese women are much more aggressive and outspoken and held in Higher esteem.” I love Communist that provides males and females Equality and WOMEN’S Rights in China.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:43 AM

Land of the Offended

I think people are getting way too Offended by things today , what ever happened to freedom of speech and expression , now don't missunderstand and think I am condoning this , but Hell if ya don't like it don't buy one . I personally don't like people wearing the flag as clothing but I am not gonna raise a stink over it , simply won't do it my self . There are more Important issues we need to be addressing that what people wear as clothing .

Just an Opinion of an Old Biker and Soldier for what it's worth .

Don't Judge Me By Your Ignoance

I had Rather Be Hated for What I am Than Loved For What I am Not .
Old 04-27-2004, 12:06 PM
Ethical Epicurean

Send a message via AIM to lakritze Send a message via Yahoo to lakritze
Are people getting too offended these days? Or are we beginning to take a good long hard second look at images that can offend members of our socieity that we may have been insensitive to in the past?
Old 04-27-2004, 03:14 PM

A similar situtation happened 2 years ago at a large clothing manufacturer. They created a pair of sandals with a picture of an elephant on them. Im not sure of the symbolism, and which religion it was for, but they were ordered to remove them from the store. It was no big deal (as in there were no protests or anything, the company was just enlightened by a certain religious group)and it was taken care of, as this will be handled Im sure. Not everyone is fluent in other cultures which is why society is greatful of people like you to enlighten us. TY for your time!
Old 04-27-2004, 06:55 PM
I make sexytime with you

I personally wouldn't do it (use a deity on an article of clothing) but what if someone were to say "your acknowledgement of this as a deity offends me because my religion says thou shalt have no gods before me". What then?
I want to do something that matters
Old 04-28-2004, 07:41 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Personally I can't see the difference between wearing an image of Buddha on a chain around one's neck and wearing one on a Bikini.....are people offended that a religious image is being displayed on an item of clothing designed to cover the genitals?

If so, what's so evil about genitals? They are the source of life - a very important aspect of Buddhist culture, as far as I'm aware.

Seems odd that it's fine to wear an image of Buddha around the neck, but not on certain other parts of the body, to me. I wasn't aware that there were certain parts of our body that aren't loved by God.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 04-28-2004, 07:53 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

I should add to this, that while I am not a member of any religious group, I live in a Christian Culture and went to a Christian school where the general thinking is that 'graven images' are inappropriate, whether on a swim suit or anywhere else for that matter.

Buddhism does not share this view and statues etc of Buddha are commonplace, but then again (as far as I'm aware, and I'll admit my religious knowledge is not great) Buddha was not a deity.

Old 04-28-2004, 10:48 AM

Loulabelle

so is that mean if there is a designer from the east created a Jessu image on the underware or bikini to cover the gential would be ok to you??? Right????

is that ok for a Chinese Pussy to wear it on her pussy??

Last edited by ChinesePussy : 04-28-2004 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:20 PM
Mrs FussyPucker

As I clearly said I am not a Christian (but it's Jesus, by the way, not Jessu) so I can't say it would offend me any more or less than Buddha.

And even if I were a Christian, I really don't think I would be offended as there is nothing offensive about your pussy or anyone elses for that matter. As I said before, what's the difference between wearing an image of a religious figure around your neck, and wearing one on a more intimate part of the anatomy. God made us naked, didn't s/he/it/them?

But, as I stated before, I personally find images of deities somewhat inappropriate no matter where they are.

Old 04-28-2004, 01:05 PM

oh ok i understand you now Loulabelle
Old 04-28-2004, 01:09 PM

This day in age, you cant do anything without offending some people anyway. Some people are just more open minded than others (not referring to certain groups, just people in general). A lose/lose situation.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:16 PM
~~Kinky Bitch~~

Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1979
in my brain , (wich isnt the best il admit) i can see how this is disrspectful, but i belive in freedom of speech and clothing is just another way to express urself, i wud never buy one, but i do belive that ppl have the right to wear what they want , as long as they are wearing something. i can def see how this wud up set u tho CP and im sorry u have been offended

~nikki