Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2005, 10:20 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
General Well Being

After recently having pneumonia and then a relapse (that little bug was pretty antibiotic resistant), I have decided I can not wait to have a more healthy body. If the Avian Flu comes anytime soon I fear I'd be a goner. I've started doing things like taking vitamins and just today started echinacea too. I want to have a better immune system as well as overall better health. What I'd like to know is what things you guys have done or currently do that you truly feel has had an impact on your life/body being healthier. The ads promise everything and I am not dumb enough to fall for them. I would rather do things as naturally as possible but I need to make some positive changes. Please tell me of your experiences.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 12-24-2005, 10:38 AM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

I've started walking 1 to 2 miles five times a week and I have lost 15 pounds. It has helped with my blood pressure and diabetes. Doc say I need to lose another 20 or 30 pounds.

I have taken Vitamins A & E, plus an aspirn a day for the last 5 years, don't know if that helps or not.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:54 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

I've debated the aspirin regimen too. I have a cupboard full of baby aspirin in an effort to encourage Mr. Lil but mayhaps I should look into it as well.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 12-24-2005, 11:26 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

btw Scarecrow Grats on the 15 down!!!!

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 12-24-2005, 11:51 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
the cure all for it all, of course...drink lots of water. i know it sounds cliche but it is the best de-toxer. keeps all sysytems operating optimally. if i make the effort to drink more water (not even the "recommended 64oz's., just a few glasses a day, ) i feel tons better, as soon as i start slacking, i feel that too.

and doing something that gets my heart beating hard for a little while acouple times a week, even if it's just dancing with the kids or vigorous sex or some energetic cleaning (i'm such a housewife ). all i take is a daily multi, and that's only if i remember to. i don't eat all that well, but not terribly either. i smoke. i bite my nails. and yet, i'm rarely sick and i just got a work-up for some heart things (so i had to do all those crazy tests) and apparently i'm textbook healthy.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 12-24-2005, 01:39 PM
Learning to talk sexy

From what I remember in college courses Lil ... the aspirin thing works great for men .... 1 baby aspirin per day or 1 regular one every other day ... has to do with keeping the cholesterol moving and not clogging things up, ... but because women metabolize differently, it's not nearly as effective for us ... but then for me ... college was a LONG time ago and the medical opinion could have drastically changed since then!!
Old 12-24-2005, 04:05 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to bare4you
I have totally changed my diet to include more fruits, veggies, and less meat. I still love the great steak that only our bovine friends can give us - but not nearly as often. I have also been a regular at my local fitness club. An hour of pain several days a week is a little price to pay for an over-all healthier body. I have also started taking multi-vitamins again (ones especially formulated for cholesterol). Too bad they don't make them chewable like the ones for kids!
Old 12-24-2005, 09:50 PM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
I have decided I can not wait to have a more healthy body.

Healthier body? That's understandable?
Hotter body? Is that possible?

All I can really say is that the reason so many different regimens/plans/what have you are out there, is that different people are different. What works for someone else may or may not work for you. So, find something that does, then stick with it.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:11 AM

My quack put me onto a regimen of exercise, portion control and low alcohol.

I'm down about 10kg (22lbs) and my blood pressure's a lot better.

Obviously the more exercise, the better.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Loungin' Around

You really need to exercise at least 3 times a week for 20 minutes minimum ~~ the more often I work out, the better I feel. Cardio releases endorphins...you don't need to lift weights if all you want is better health.

Vitamin E reduces cholesterol and also helps brain function...I recommend taking a complete E with BOTH tocopherols and tocotrienols for best results.

I also take echinacea when I feel a cold coming on (2 pills/dose and 2 doses/day) and keep taking it for 5-7 days until I feel the danger has passed...then I get off the stuff.

I also drink LOTS of water (minimum 10 glasses per day, 12 if I work out) -- this seems to keep my system cleaned out.

I drink green tea, and I am a big believer in the antioxidant power in green tea...I also htink red wine is good for you. Of course, maybe I am just rationalizing there.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 12-26-2005, 09:22 PM
Insatiable

1) Exercise, especially cardio. Very important.

2) Vitamins

3) Diet...eat what you want but in moderation

4) Wash your hands ( a lot of people do not do this nearly enough)

5) Love others...acts of kindness are important for your spiritual health.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:52 PM
gurly gurl

Mr. IWM went to the doc recently and was told he was pre-diabetic and to loose some weight by watching what he ate and exercise, take the baby asperin a day and a multi vitamin. He started walking a couple miles a few times a week and stopped drinking soda and lost and has kept off 25 lbs in what seemed no time. Dr. told him one little debbie snack would take 5 miles to walk off...YIKES. He feels so much better just from taking better care of hisself.......(and might I add, looks great!)

I PLAN on getting into some kind of routine myself to shed off some more of this weight I gained in the last year and just to feel healthier.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Lost without a compass.

Send a message via Yahoo to Mercury_Maniac
Coca-Cola, Beer and Pizza....its working for me
Old 12-26-2005, 11:22 PM
Awesome on my Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit
4) Wash your hands ( a lot of people do not do this nearly enough)

AMEN brotha!
WASH WASH WASH, every chance that you get, wash your hands! That is simplest way of preventing the spread of germs. Can't wash? Hand sanitizers, albeit harsh for you hands if they are chapped, are a good "Bandaide" until you can wash your hands. Dry Chapped hands? There are great antibacterial lotions out there.

I am almost obsessive/compulsive about washing hands, espcially after doing some experiments in Micro-Biology! In the college that i was at for this class, the toilets, and their handles, had fewer types and counts of bacteria than our computers' keyboards!

I am one of those that adhere to proper hand washing techniques everytime.

here is what the CDC has to say
Stanford University's rules of proper handwashing technique
Old 12-27-2005, 08:45 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

I am soooooo with you all on the hand washing thing!

Like Lizz, this too comes from studying microbiology way back when. It's fucking scary stuff! When I worked in the bank I used to hate handling that horrible filthy money all the time. Yuck!

Since having two cats in the house I'm now even more aware of the importance of good hand washing.

Especially important for junk food fiends who eat with their fingers a lot!

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !