User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2003, 04:00 AM
Prince of Pervs

The Meatrix

Had this emailed to me today.........

http://www.themeatrix.com/

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

Sarcasm: It's not big and it's not clever...........but it's funny as fuck!

The Special One!
Old 11-12-2003, 06:37 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Very cool!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 11-12-2003, 08:33 AM
Banned

I had that e-mailed to me, too, but didn't post it because I knew PF would make fun of me for being a vegetarian

Thanks for posting, FussyPucker!
Old 11-12-2003, 09:15 AM
Just want to enjoy life!

Very Good, So glad there is groups out there that are trying to stop factory farms.

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
E. E. Cummings

My Pictures

Picture requests

As Promised
Old 11-12-2003, 11:09 AM
Bouncy Bunny

Mooopheus!

My Stories:One Hot July Allison's Seduction Olivia's Journey
Old 11-12-2003, 12:36 PM
Just me.

That's FP. Very informative. We don't really realize sometimes what's happening, do we? Cool presentation.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:36 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

I realize that shit happens....dont like it but still enjoy my meat *L*

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 11-12-2003, 04:50 PM
Scottish Angel

that was great~~~~~will show it to the kids one of these days~~~~~~~~thanks for passing it on!
Old 11-12-2003, 07:47 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Have I got stories for you......about the kill floors!

Mopac......a beef company about 20 miles from us.......hubby has worked there twice (blown up rock on their land) to expand their operation of beef production. Horror stories of the kill floor abound! Sounds from the cattle as they walk the ramp and such (I'll spare you the details as I don't like to think about it either).

Hatfield........a pork company about 15-20 miles from us........I know a few people who thought they could work on the kill floor........but they couldn't! Takes a rare person to work there all day and go home with no guilt what-so-ever!

And Fussy? Where do you think chicken breasts and thighs and wings come from....huh? (he likes chicken......lol!.....shhhhhhhhh! don't tell him!)

I have to admit, neither Hatfield or Mopac have stooped to the horrors of what we learned in this thread. They don't raise their animals in such abhorrent conditions...(though I know these practices exist elsewhere). These animals aren't pets either.....they are raised specifically for consumption. To choose NOT to eat them is one persons perogative........as is, the choice to eat them!

Plants are alive (but they have no faces) yet we eat them everyday!

If it isn't grown.......it has to be mined!

Really tough subject Fussy! Kinda like the bible and politics!

*hugs for the awareness factor*

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 11-13-2003, 06:07 AM
Prince of Pervs

Hey I'm the first to admit I'm a total meat eater. I think you can enjoy the food more if you know the animal had a nice life.........errr before it was killed, sliced, diced and vacuum packed for extra freshness

Seriously though I really hate the whole idea of factory farming.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

Sarcasm: It's not big and it's not clever...........but it's funny as fuck!

The Special One!
Old 11-13-2003, 06:15 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Amen.....my brother from another mother!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 11-13-2003, 08:15 AM
Banned

I have to respectfully disagree with the "plants are alive" argument . . . as a vegetarian, I get this one a lot and I'm not sure why.

For plants to feel physical pain, they must have some sort of organized tissue which, upon stimulation, would activate a structure in the plant that is conscious and could perceive the stimulation as painful. There are no structures within plants that are analogous to the pain receptors, neurons, and pain-perceiving portions of the brains of vertebrate animals. Animals, being mobile, benefit from their ability to sense pain; but plants simply have no biological or evolutionary need for the experience of pain.

*off the soapbox*
Old 11-14-2003, 07:57 AM
I do naked cartwheels.

Why oh why didn't I just take the blue pill??

My Photos:
https://imgur.com/a/80hiRdm
Old 11-14-2003, 03:57 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally posted by Steph
I have to respectfully disagree with the "plants are alive" argument . . . as a vegetarian, I get this one a lot and I'm not sure why.

For plants to feel physical pain, they must have some sort of organized tissue which, upon stimulation, would activate a structure in the plant that is conscious and could perceive the stimulation as painful. There are no structures within plants that are analogous to the pain receptors, neurons, and pain-perceiving portions of the brains of vertebrate animals. Animals, being mobile, benefit from their ability to sense pain; but plants simply have no biological or evolutionary need for the experience of pain.

*off the soapbox*

I totally understand what you are saying Steph......cause, logically...it makes perfect sense. But........I saw this study once (on The Discovery Channel or something like that) where scientist's tested the theory that all living things sense pain and have feelings. I'm not saying this is gospel......but......in the study, they placed two plants in the same room with the same light and same food and water amounts for X amount of time. They played music for them and with certain types of music, the plants thrived....with other types (say...heavy metal...as an example) they stopped showing growth and even bent away from the source.

To further the investigation.....after about 3 months or so (guessing at that one.....but it's close) they removed one of the plants to another room.....but it was in the same building. To test an off the wall theory, the scientists started starving the plant that was moved......no water, no food, dim lighting...the whole thing. And to take it one step further they hooked up sensors to the first plant to record any change in heat, vibrations.....anything. Slight changes were recorded as time went on. Sorta like a mood swing. And to take this even one step further......they started breaking leaves off the moved plant....breaking them in half instead of at the base.....and significant changes were recorded (at the precise times as the leaves were snapped) by the unmoved plant.....as if in sympathy for the moved and mistreated plant. At least this was the theory (though, no sensors were placed on the tortured plant....which would have made more sense)....and they tested it over and over in ways we, as humans with feelings for pain and sorrow, might construe as mean and hurtful.

I just wanted to let you know Steph....that what you say is logical....but what I saw (though it can be interpreted in any way the beholder sees fit) was............one plant feeling sorrow and whincing when "his friend" was hurting. This might be one of those things where....seeing is understanding.....but I hope I explained why I said what I said.

I go fishing.....but I would never hunt (game). Does that make any sense? NOPE! I know! There are some who swear that fish can't feel that hook in their mouth....(or wherever it might get hooked)......but I'm not one of um. I know in my heart they can feel the stabbing pain! When we pull up bait and let the minnows sit on the floor of the boat as we move to another spot......I soak the air gasping minnows in the bait bucket till we get where we're going.....and then......I'm the first one with my line in the water! I'm a walking, talking, oxymoron I tell ya! LMFAO! I'll tear a hook through an eels mouth and send him sailing into the water.......but I won't put a minnow on my own hook.......but......I'll reel in that striper when he is fighting for his life................I think I'm nuts! LMFAO again!

*jumps down and passes the soapbox to the left*

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 11-15-2003, 12:33 AM

Although I am opposed to factory farms it does keep the meat cheaper, although we really don't need it to be cheaper here. In India and other 3rd world countries factory farms would actually get a needed source of cheap protein. In the US we can afford the higher cost of allowing the animals to be free. As for vegeterainism studies suggest one should not be a vegetarian before the age of 21, since we did evolve to eat meat and it is key to development. Kids who are vegetarians significantly before 21 have on average a 9% decrease in nueron connections, which can make a huge differnce. However after 21 the metabolism slows down and the body stops developing as much so its less important.