Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2004, 10:51 PM

Consecutive Pregnancies

A family freind just had a child, and she asked me a question today that I became curious to. How long after delivery until she is able to concieve once agian? The reason I ask here is a could not find the answer online after 20 minutes of searching, and sex and pregancy go hand and hand...
Old 07-28-2004, 12:04 AM

technically, she could conceive again immediately, its simply getting the sperm and egg near each other. That said, after my wife had our children, she wouldnt even let me be in the same room with her for several weeks. There are plenty of examples of children being 9-12 months apart in age. I went to school with a girl who was 9.5 months older than her twin sisters. All in the same school year too......

McJim
Old 07-28-2004, 12:15 AM
Banned

Yep, what he said.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:53 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

To ensure the health and well being of both mother and child, I understand it is advisable to wait before concieving again, but to be honest I don't know the actual figures.

Remember that pregnancy and early motherhood make a lot of demands on a woman's body and she'll need time to recover fully before concieving again. A colleague of mine had a child 19 months ago, and she is still losing her hair as a result of it not being as well nourished as it was before her child.

I would suggest that rather than rushing into having another child just because her body can, your friend should wait until it would be healthy for her to do so.

If she's not looking to conceive then I would suggest she uses contraception as soon as she becomes sexually active again.......it's just not worth the risk.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 07-28-2004, 02:20 AM
Learning to talk sexy

From my understanding, for many women who breast feed, they stop ovulating for a time, therefore if she is breast feeding, it is less likely that she would get pregnant again until after she finishes, but it's not a cut and dried thing. I have four older sisters who are born in a time span of less than 5 years and no multiple births in that group, and then another child (before me) just a year and a half later.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:03 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

I think a lot of it has to do with the type of delivery. Because a ceasarian section is considered a major surgery, doctors *highly* advise to have those deliveries a *minimum* of 12 months apart.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 07-28-2004, 06:34 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to huntersgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by fzzy
From my understanding, for many women who breast feed, they stop ovulating for a time, therefore if she is breast feeding, it is less likely that she would get pregnant again until after she finishes, but it's not a cut and dried thing. I have four older sisters who are born in a time span of less than 5 years and no multiple births in that group, and then another child (before me) just a year and a half later.

Just to clarify....it is my understanding that many women will stop menstruating, not necessarily ovulating. In most cases if you are not menstruating you are not ovulating, but as mentioned it is not 100%. There have been many pregnancies, due to nursing mothers thinking they are unable to conceive. After my last pregnancy the doctors told me to wait on intercourse until my six week post pregnancy check up. At this point they recommended waiting on pregnacy another 6 months. I'm not sure if this is standard or not.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Never say never, but if you do it's okay to change your mind~me, I think
Old 07-28-2004, 07:56 AM
is not this trim anymore!

I was born 11 months after my sister, so I had a good arguement against Mrs. WI's opinion that she couldn't get pregnant while nursing.

Assuming my sister and I had the same mother.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:44 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Frankly, after the bomb exploded between my thighs.....er I mean I gave birth, I had no problem waiting for a month or 2 before I jumped back in the saddle so to speak.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-29-2004, 09:08 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
technically, she is able to conceive right away. but...after my c-sec the dos recommended that we wait at least three months before trying to concieve. the same thing after my miscarriage. it's not due to anything unsafe or threatening to the mother but i do believe the reasoning is that there is reduced risk of miscarraige the longer the bod has to recover from giving birth.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:07 AM
Wishful Thinker

Send a message via ICQ to BigBear57 Send a message via MSN to BigBear57 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBear57
My Mom had 6 of us in just under 7 years. The closest of those being from October to the following September. What amazes me is Mom's telling me at one point if she and Dad had stayed together she'd have had 12 of us. OMG

Love is not looking in each other's eyes, but looking together in the same direction - Antoine De Saint-Exupery