Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2003, 09:51 PM
Loungin' Around

Politics...Saddam Hussein

OK...

Am I the only one, or is anyone else a little turned off by the total glee with which American politicians and media are reporting on the deaths of Saddam's sons?

I personally think they sound like unsavory individuals...BUT...

1. I can't believe that the US actually put a price on these guys' heads. Talk about encouraging vigilantiasm. Next step is funding our own radical terrorist groups. WAIT!! We've already done that...

2. Who has the bad grace to celebrate the death of an individual? And waste simply HOURS of time on national TV etc. to do so.

Let's move on, guys....

What do y'all think?

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 07-22-2003, 10:45 PM
Am I really here?

Send a message via ICQ to dadaist Send a message via AIM to dadaist Send a message via Yahoo to dadaist
You mean you're still talking about iraq? Ho, hum, boring!

Actually I'm paying little attention to the media right now. Just me personally. But I would think my above statements would be true about the stereotypical 'short attention span' Americans...

Now how many of US (Americans or not) fit into that short attention span category, well that's subject to debate....
Old 07-23-2003, 02:26 AM
Now Seating

I havent watching any TV except for comedy central and Cartoon network ever since 9-11. i cant stand to see america gloating over a country that it clearly has complete dominance over. personally, ive never really been a huge america fan, but at 9-11 when it took the deaths of 5000 people to "bring a country together", i think that's kind of sad.

i didnt even know that saddam's sons were dead..i can understand the people of iraq celebrating their deaths, but anyone in america that has never endured the hardships of saddam's son's oppression should shut the hell up.

thank you for bringing this to my attention osuche, i almost watched TV today, but you saved me.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:36 AM
Prince of Pervs

Quote:
Now how many of US (Americans or not) fit into that short attention span category, well that's subject to debate....
Depends who's talking

As for the reporting of the death of Sadman's sons it has been a little over the top. I think is for a couple of reasons though

1. The people of Iraq have been tortured by these people for many years and they're now being told they can live without the fear of it being done to them again by these sick men.

2. The "war" has never really been over since the US declared that it was and everyday there are more reports of soldiers being killed in bomb attacks and sniper shootings. The death of these two VERY high ranking members of the oposing forces is a huge step in the right direct for coming to a final end to the war.

3. There's so much attention being placed on the lack of evidence of WMDs that the governments need something big to deflect interest away from that and so far this is the biggest piece of news they've had to do that.

A few people in Iraq and in the UK that have been tortured at the hands of sadman's sons have said they wish that they'd been captured rather than killed so that they could face a proper court to pay for their crimes.........although some of the people wanted them to be tortured in the same way they had.

....WAR.....what is it good for ?.........

well it's good for some of the people some of the time....... but most of the time it's no good to anyone.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

Sarcasm: It's not big and it's not clever...........but it's funny as fuck!

The Special One!
Old 07-23-2003, 02:43 AM
Am I really here?

Send a message via ICQ to dadaist Send a message via AIM to dadaist Send a message via Yahoo to dadaist
Quote:
Originally posted by FussyPucker
<snip>

....WAR.....what is it good for ?.........

<snip>

Selling computer games, comic books, some toys, newspapers...oh wait, you weren't serious?
Old 07-23-2003, 03:11 PM
Insatiable

I for one am glad we rubbed them out. Two really bad guys....

rabbit
Old 07-23-2003, 03:25 PM
Mrs FussyPucker

The whole Iraq affair has made me sick to the stomach, and this is just another example of how hideous the whole business has been.

Oh and Fussy, don't forget that in the UK they not only have to deflect attention from the WMD issue now, but also from the death of Dr Kelly resulting from it.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 07-23-2003, 10:08 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

Sorry... to disagree with (almost) everyone who has posted this far... (to clarify, I am not sorry for my opinion, just sorry that others here who share similar ones to my own tend to be afraid to post them because of the possible backlash)

but not only am I completely supportive of our troops that have remained in Iraq but am pleased that Saddam's sons are dead.. YES.. I said PLEASED... the world is a better place without them.

We are talking the bottom of the barrell guys.. men who TORTURE, rule, terrorize and rape people on a daily basis. We are talking complete arrogant egotistical fanatics..

I hope they enjoyed their E Ride to HELL...
Old 07-23-2003, 10:22 PM
here and there

Quote:
Originally posted by jennaflower
Sorry... to disagree with (almost) everyone who has posted this far... (to clarify, I am not sorry for my opinion, just sorry that others here who share similar ones to my own tend to be afraid to post them because of the possible backlash)

but not only am I completely supportive of our troops that have remained in Iraq but am pleased that Saddam's sons are dead.. YES.. I said PLEASED... the world is a better place without them.

We are talking the bottom of the barrell guys.. men who TORTURE, rule, terrorize and rape people on a daily basis. We are talking complete arrogant egotistical fanatics..

I hope they enjoyed their E Ride to HELL...

Count me in amongst those that think that this place is better off without those two. A price on their head? Good! There should be a price on the head of more people like that.

If you want to express an opinion I am more than willing to stand up and fight for you right to do that... when it comes to causing physical damage to another human being... well, in that case it is an eye for an eye... and those two got off easy with merely being killed... if I had it my way they would have been put through some of the "treatments" they so eagerly had employed on so many people.

Good riddance to them... and may they rot where they belong!

EDIT: I will agree, as well, that the way that the US media has dealt with this whole thing is also to be considered deplorable. Of course, my opinion of the US media has been in, for a long while now, the gutter... they choose to report that which will get ratings and ignore that which is truly important. Fear and gore get the attention of the public, but for the most part is truly not news... of course that can lead into the whole discussion about the general mind set of the American public that actually seems to enjoy watching these sensationalist reports about nothing... but that is best left for another time.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:37 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

I'm with you jennaflower......i'm not a american citizen...but support the US in their decision to go to war.....

And am extremely pleased that these two cruel bastards are no longer alive!! Now all they have to do is get Dad and i'll celebrate totally!!

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 07-24-2003, 06:35 AM
Prince of Pervs

I'm totaly behind THIS war..............although I think the govs shoulda just said we're going in to get Saddam out rather than trying to make the whole thing about WMD that may or may not be found.. I can say I do believe that there WERE some and that there were some weapons programs being worked on..... The only problem then being where do you end ?........there's plenty of countries with human rights abuse going on every day........maybe if a few more countries got involved it would all get sorted sooner and with less death !

I was pointing out that since the war started there hasn't been much "good" news and this is the closest we've got to ending sadman's hold on the country. Sometimes you do have to look hard at why certain pieces of news are given such a high profile. Everyday there's more reports of soldiers being killed, there's still confusion of the weapons stuff, in the UK we have Dr kelly's death, in the US there's the whole private Lynch fiasco. I do think one main reason for the huge coverage is the fact that it will bring a great relief to the people of Iraq who know they nolonger need to fear these evil men.

I'm just hoping now that the loss of his sons will force Sadman to come out of hiding and give himself up.........time will tell

Help help two long ass posts I'm turning into Lixy!!!!........on second thoughts don't help.....if I do turn into Lixy I'll be in the bathroom with plety of soap if I'm not out in 2 weeks...........wait longer !!!

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

The Special One!
Old 07-24-2003, 07:07 AM
hellsbells's Stallion

Send a message via Yahoo to horseman12
I gotta go with Sharni and Jenna on this one.

What is the point of spending public funds on a trial???????
Fuck that! Kill the sick bastards is what I say!

Life's A Bitch, but I Deal withit!!
Old 07-24-2003, 08:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
I'm sure that it will suprise NOONE,that I'm glad that they are gone.My only regret is that they,didn't buy me a sniper rifle,& pay my expenses ,to do it myself!My father tought me,many things.that I remember.One of them was,that if you want to dance,you have to
pay the piper.Two WMDs are gone.Hopefully Saddam is next!
Irish
P.S.I don't know,if it's true,but one of the son's may have commited suicide!
Old 07-24-2003, 10:05 AM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

Irish I would have been your spotter
Old 07-24-2003, 10:15 AM
Prince of Pervs

Well they've released pictures of the bodies and that they're 100% sure that's it's them. If you really want tot see the pics they're on the CNN website..........and no doubt a few others too.

The Special One!