Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Site News > Site Announcements
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2003, 06:50 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

Oh, no! This is awful! (Scurries off to join the Yahoo group...)

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 07-07-2003, 06:57 AM
The Bob Ucker of pixies

Send a message via Yahoo to 2-4-tea
Kim, thank you for so many fond memories .I am sorry to see pixies go this has been a wonderful place to have so much fun.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:05 AM
here and there

WOW! I guess I sort of wondered if this would ever be the case... I have seen it happen to a few other sites as well and was hoping Pixies would be around. A sad day for me (and a lot of others here I am sure).

Kim, thanks very much for providing a site like this for as long as you were able. This is one of the few places where I have found adult conversation that did not come down to name calling and bashing other people. It truly was (is) a wonderful site with some very great participants and some people that I would not mind having as friends!
Old 07-07-2003, 07:06 AM
Huggable!

I heard from a friend on Yahoo IM this morning that Pixies was closing up. I couldn't believe it and had to run right over and read it for myself.
And now that I have I still can't believe it.

Thank you to all the Pixies I've had the privilege of meeting, talking to, sharing thoughts with, and for being such wonderful people.

Keep in touch with emails or IM's. grrrrrr I am still in denial. Maybe I'll wake up soon & everything will be ok ???......

Love you guys!!
*hugs & kisses* Teddy
Old 07-07-2003, 07:15 AM
Failed voyeur*

Send a message via Yahoo to T-S
Unhappy

Old 07-07-2003, 07:18 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 07-07-2003, 07:23 AM
I do naked cartwheels.

No way!!!!

We CANNOT let this happen...... there must be SOMETHING we can do, surely?? make it a pay site, even..... hell I'm happy to pay $50, $100 a year for this, not a problem at all! AND that's US money, too!

I'm dead serious. There's gotta be some way to keep this site alive. This will change the lives of so many people it's unbelievable. I refuse to believe it's simply going to fall over and die out of the blue like this.

ARGH

Fucking..... fucking ARGH!

This is waaaaay to shocking for me. Shit!

OK, I say we make it a pay site, all those in favour of saving Pixies raise your hands or, well, anything

Madmax - will this have any effect on the chat?

Kim, you have been fantastic to us, and we are all deeply grateful and indebted to you for not only building this fantastic site, but for constantly contributing to it and keeping it going even when things got rough. Thankyou for everything. And sorry to hear about the personal problems you mention - all our hearts and prayers go out to you. If there's anything we can do, name it. It shall be done.

To all the friends I have made here, right around the room, thankyou for being the most honest, caring, funny, intelligent, fun, down-to-earth people I have had the joy to know. Please, let us keep in contact despite this.

It has been a huge honour and delight to be a part of this site for just over a year.... I hope that something can be arranged, some sort of comprimise, and I can continue to have this honour and privelige.

There HAS to be something we can do. I refuse to believe that 16,000 people can just have their lives changed with such dire consequences as simply as this. Can we make it a pay site? Can someone else take over the hosting side of things? Can we shift half of it over to yahoo groups, or MSN, or something like that?

Let's not give up and quit, let's work out something to do!

CasperTG
In absolute, total, complete shock and horror.

My Photos:
https://imgur.com/a/80hiRdm
Old 07-07-2003, 07:26 AM
Unusually Curious

CasperTG, your not alone in thinking that, I'm sure most of the active members would be glad to pay to keep our famliy together, Myself and Sharni most definatly...BUT......
It has to be kims call...all we can do is hope and pray...............
for Kim....... and for all of us!

Behind me is a Woman rolling her eye's!

The only opinion about me that matters is the one I have of myself
Old 07-07-2003, 07:40 AM

Shit!!
Old 07-07-2003, 07:45 AM
Prince of Pervs

Well bugger me!
Having owned a few websites over the last 6 years I know how much time and money it can suck up.
I'd like to thank you for a wodnerful place that's kept 1000's of people entertained and happy for so long. I've made some wonderful friends here who I'll keep in touch with

On a more important note I would like to say and EXTRA BIG thank you to you kim for this site as it's here that I met Loulabelle.

Pixies-place may die but the spirit of the Pixies will live on !!!!

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

Sarcasm: It's not big and it's not clever...........but it's funny as fuck!

The Special One!
Old 07-07-2003, 07:51 AM
Registered Dork

I would be willing to chip in as well to help continue this wonderful connecting spot for people.

I hope something can be worked out in the near future to take some of the financial pressure off Kim, but if not....I'll just say

THANKYOU to her, for creating a fantastic site filled with warm, caring, funny, NICE people.

Thankyou Kim!
Old 07-07-2003, 07:52 AM
Horseman12's Filly

Send a message via Yahoo to hellsbells
My hand's up Casper, and all my friends and neighbours, going round the streets now getting ppl to raise there hands!!!

PLEASE PLEASE KIM......LET US HELP!!!!!

Old 07-07-2003, 08:06 AM

The chat room will remain open and free for you all to use. If Kim needs to close this site down, I will set up a java chat page for those who need a webchat. I for one (and I know I speak for many others) will do my best to make sure what pixies-place gave life does not die, even if it takes a new form.

Angel's Hot Weekend (part 1)
Old 07-07-2003, 08:06 AM

really enjoyed by days here

Salute to KIM
Old 07-07-2003, 09:24 AM
Banned

We'll always have smut games! <sniff>

Kim, I hope you can see the impact you've made on this little corner of the Web. Lots of friends and lovers met here. How many jokes have been made?

We truly appreciate all your work and wish you well in the future.
Closed Thread