Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2005, 10:26 PM

can you explain to me the thought process of the guy who not only thought he could sing, but chose a David Hasselhoff song to audition with ???

Don’t let the hardship of the past, take away from the joy of the present
Old 01-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

Send a message via MSN to flutelady
I'm unable to explain why men do what they do, as I've yet to begin to figure out the way their minds work *shrugs*

I wonder if we'll see Scooter Girl this season.

It's no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst.
~Tom Stoppard~

It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.
~George Burns~

As bad as I am, I'm proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem.
~A. DiFranco~
Old 01-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Made in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman
can you explain to me the thought process of the guy who not only thought he could sing, but chose a David Hasselhoff song to audition with ???

....well both of them do go hand in hand
Old 01-24-2005, 09:42 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
we watched a bit of the auditions and i gotta admit that some of 'em are funny, which is why i bother to watch in the first place. but sometimes...those poor people!...i feel so bad for them that i can't even watch. it's like i don't want to be a wintness to their humiliation. but as long as there are people like me, who watch the auditions soley for the crazies, they'll put more and more on and hope it hooks me for the rest of the season.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 01-27-2005, 10:08 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I've gotta admit...I was completely entertained by Leroy Brown this past week! So much so that I can't even name any of the "good" singers who got through. And, there are a few that I can't wait to see in the top 30...but I'll be damned if I can remember their names. Guess I have to wait till they weed them all out.

Now...is it just me (I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, Yes...it's prolly just me) or was anyone else insulted by some of the comments Gene Simmons made to some of these contestants? I mean...for shit sake! He's Gene Simmons! A lousy singer who ended up in a band of rockers who can't carry a tune in a bucket, but for some strange reason their lyrics "hit home" with a generation of teens on drugs! OK...maybe not all were on drugs...or maybe not all who were on drugs liked KISS...but you get my gist, eh? I personally hated/hate KISS and I never thought they had any musical talent...just made a lot of noise and did some pretty good make-up and if all of that failed to get attention there was always that really long tongue!

BTW...everyone's tongue is just as long if you'd learn to relax the muscles! But, I digress...

Gene sat there...so pompous (as he usually is in any genre I've ever seen him) and critiqued these kids as if he were a serious expert...giving them an alternative to being a pop singer. "Your voice is interesting, but I don't hear the strength or range needed to be anything special". Hey Gene? You suck worse than some of them!!!!!!

OK...nuff about "the tongue"!

I liked the show better when they had only Randy, Paula and Simon choose who gets through and then later brought on some guest stars to help with the rest of the show. Oh well...I'm not a director or producer...so what do I know?

I can already see some real talent...and I can't wait to learn their names...lmao!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 01-27-2005, 10:27 AM
Made in England

What is happening to me?

I watched it again. I have never watched anything to do with that show until now!

I got a kick outa Leroy too Lixy.

Thanks Lix....trying to relax my tongue now! Sitting here looking like a moron..........

As far as Gene Simmons goes. He looked evil in his makeup and he looks evil without. That man has always sent shivers up my spine AND not in a nice way! Geesh you'd think with all his money he could find a hair stylist.....
Old 01-27-2005, 10:27 AM
~a little bit naughty~

Quote:
Now...is it just me (I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, Yes...it's prolly just me) or was anyone else insulted by some of the comments Gene Simmons made to some of these contestants? I mean...for shit sake! He's Gene Simmons!

Amen sister!! He totally pissed me off when he told that cute Christian that he should stick to only country music. Who the heck does he think he is? There are plenty of good pop and rock songs that don't deal with sex, drugs and being bad.

Not to mention that Gene Simmons is a lousy singer and butt ass ugly too. Personally looking at him has always given me the creeps.

I like it better when its just Randy, Paula and my man Simon. Damn that guy cracks me up when he gets Paula's panties in a bunch.

Owning Pita, by my JassWolf!!
My Story~ Friday Night Spanking
Old 01-27-2005, 10:52 AM
is not this trim anymore!

Leroy was funny as hell! But he couldn't sing. He stated his case when they asked why he was auditioning for a singing competition, and said he was there to get noticed. He was looking to get discovered...and quite frankly, he deserves it. He was entertaining. I hope someone picks him up.

As for Gene Simmons...he's an egocentric arse. Goes to show you how overconfidence can compensate for lack of personality, huh?

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:56 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I was very surprised to see that Simon said "yes" about the plus sized lady that was last on last night's show. Her voice was great but he usually votes no on the basis of them not being "idol material". Kenny Loggins was very honest and told her she had "image problems".

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Everybody Stretch!

OK...so far all who have replied to my comment, agree Gene Simmons is an ass with a tongue who has an opinion much like most assholes! (<----geezzzz...that's kinda funny if I do say so myself...lmao!)

But who liked/likes KISS?

Oh wait...nevermind! This thread ain't about that!

Carry on!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 02-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Bump!

Gettin ready for tonight!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 02-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Made in England

Talking

oh noooooooooo!!!
Old 02-02-2005, 12:58 AM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

Send a message via MSN to flutelady
I was going to pass up tonight's show, but my daughter wasn't having it. I'm glad I watched, I thought there were some interesting people chosen to go on. I liked the way Paula went to bat for that one guy.

It's no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst.
~Tom Stoppard~

It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.
~George Burns~

As bad as I am, I'm proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem.
~A. DiFranco~
Old 02-02-2005, 05:38 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I was so "off" on what the judges would think last night. I'm usually on their same wavelength...but I don't know what happened. Those I thought were good, they didn't, and vice versa.

I didn't care for the guy Paula nearly quit for, but he could be interesting down the road. He sang the song better than James Brown? Well, that ain't saying much...lol!

I've noticed, at the end of each show they flash through about 10-12 peeps that they claim made it through...but we never get to see those peeps because they are focusing on the nuts and the tone deaf. That's starting to disturb me to no end!

Oh well...I'm hooked now!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 02-02-2005, 05:48 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I was surprised about the one Paula went to bat for too. Didn't they show them passing up several people who were just as good, if not better, earlier on because they were made for theater (dancers, singers, showy types) and not "idol material"? Of well there doesn't seem to be a ton of objective decision making going on. I wonder if there is a checklist or some standard criteria?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas