Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren
In other words, we should leave women vulnerable to HPV in order to scare them into abstinence??

I really don't think that's what she meant. My concern with the vaccine is that some women might overlook other STD risks.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:13 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Quote:
In other words, we should leave women vulnerable to HPV in order to scare them into abstinence??

Ummmm you must have mistaken me someone else.

No, the dumb ass commercials should mention the risks of premature or promiscuous sex. They should not have to go to a DR. to find out information that could easily be given then and there.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 10-18-2006, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
Ummmm you must have mistaken me someone else.

No, the dumb ass commercials should mention the risks of premature or promiscuous sex. They should not have to go to a DR. to find out information that could easily be given then and there.

A meaningful discussion of it in 30 seconds? That after using some of the time to mention the HPV vaccine?
Old 10-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Manwhore

Quote:
A meaningful discussion of it in 30 seconds? That after using some of the time to mention the HPV vaccine?

They can make time for it in the commercial if they want to. It might not be 'meaningful discussion' but it can be put out there. Combining that information with 'talk to your DR' will generate more discussion than 'talk to your DR' only.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 10-18-2006, 01:19 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
it wouldn't take long to say having unprotected sex puts you at risk for genital warts and other std’s. respect your body: cogitate before you copulate.

k, maybe not those exact words.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 10-18-2006, 02:11 PM
is not this trim anymore!

In a former life, I recorded voiceovers for radio commercials.

If I can fit...

"Headache, fatigue, dry mouth, thirst, dry nose or hoarseness may occur. These effects should lessen as your body adjusts to the medication. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly.

Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: nervousness, rapid or pounding heartbeat, unusual weakness, stomach pain, dizziness, diarrhea, wheezing, increased physical activity.

***** does not usually cause drowsiness when used at recommended doses and under normal circumstances. However, be sure of the drug's effects before engaging in activities that require alertness such as driving or using machinery.

A serious allergic reaction to this drug is unlikely, but seek immediate medical attention if it occurs. Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction include: rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, trouble breathing.

If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist."

...at the end of a 30 second radio commercial for asthma medicine, well, surely someone can fit "This product does not protect you from any contractible disease associated with unprotected sex other than that for which it was specifically designed.".

And if they can't...call me and I'll do it! I'm looking for the $$.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua
They can make time for it in the commercial if they want to. It might not be 'meaningful discussion' but it can be put out there. Combining that information with 'talk to your DR' will generate more discussion than 'talk to your DR' only.

It's expected that your doctor will talk to you about the STD risk.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:19 PM
Manwhore

Quote:
It's expected that your doctor will talk to you about the STD risk.

Yes, it is. But first you have to actually go see the Dr.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 10-20-2006, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua
Yes, it is. But first you have to actually go see the Dr.

You're not going to get the vaccine without going to see your doctor.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:32 PM
is not this trim anymore!

That's all fine & dandy...

but I'm still looking for $$.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:31 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Quote:
You're not going to get the vaccine without going to see your doctor.

And in the meantime for those who have not seen a DR. the commercial should mention the risks involved in premature sexual activity.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 10-20-2006, 04:56 PM
~getting by~

Let's be honest, a 16 year old isn't going to run to the dr after seeing the current commercials and say, "hey sign me up for the vaccine, or at least help me understand what my risks are."
Old 10-21-2006, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
And in the meantime for those who have not seen a DR. the commercial should mention the risks involved in premature sexual activity.

Why?

Should car commercials mention the risks of sex?

As I see it there's no way the commercial could make anyone act in a more risky fashion. (I haven't seen them so I can't comment on the actual content.) If you don't act on the information in the commercial your behavior is unaffected. If you do act you talk to your doctor and he'll do a far better job of explaining risks than a 30 second commercial can.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:25 AM
~getting by~

how many people understand that HPV is sexually transmitted? Maybe I'm naive, but this was never mentioned in my sex ed. I learned about herpes, syphallis and ghonorea (spellings all questionable) and the hot one at the time AIDS, but not HPV. As a matter of fact, I didn't realize it was sexually transmitted until I was reading a pamphlet in my dr's office waiting area this spring.

Your suggestion of car commercials mentioning the risks of sex is absurd as the two are unrelated. Not everyone has sex in cars. BUT having sex can lead to STDs for everyone unless adequately informed of preventitive measures. The commercials don't address how one contracts HPV, only that HPV can lead to cervical cancer. Perhaps you should consider checking out the commercials.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:57 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Maddy, that's exactly the point that I was making, Lilith was highlighting and Loren seems to have missed altogether.

There's no point in putting a commercial out there that informs people about HPV if it ommits to tell you how it is transmitted, or else how would you know you were at risk?

I can see it now: "Oh yes, I'm very concerned about this HPV thing. I'll go to the doctors to discuss it with him tomorrow, but tonight I think I'll go out and find some random bloke in a club to screw'.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !