Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2020, 12:14 PM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

How bad is it in your area?

Yeah, the dreaded COVID-19. I'm in the Maryland county that is the hotbed of the outbreak here. 149 confirmed cases as of this morning, 51 of them in this county. Our restaurants, bars, local museums, etc, have closed, gatherings of 50+ people are banned, 10+ "discouraged", the local grocery stores are having "seniors-only" shopping hours so they can be less exposed to the general population, the local bus lines are cutting service to about half of a normal weekday, and if the buses get too crowded for the social distancing guidelines, threatening to leave people waiting at the bus stops, and the local government is therefor asking people to stop or limit "non-essential" travel.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:15 PM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Oh, but I found the oddest thing, since I'm pretty much stuck at home:
https://explore.org/livecams/puffins/puffin-burrow-cam

Watch with sound. I believe that the occasional cow-like sound is a puffin snoring.
Old 03-20-2020, 02:31 PM
Pixies Horse Widower

Send a message via ICQ to dm383
Most of the actions you describe are very similar to what's happening here in Scotland (and the rest of the UK too).

All pubs restaurants, clubs, cafes, cinemas and gyms to close tonight and not reopen.

However, apparently the Government will pay 80% of the wages of people not working, to a pre-determined limit; at least that will apply to workers with contracts. As for the many zero-hour contract workers, casual workers etc that isn't clear, nor is quite how, from where and when the people who DO qualify will be paid.

We are living in, um, interesting times indeed!

DM
I only own my mind
Old 03-21-2020, 02:06 PM
Huggable!

I think it's amazing how fast the jokes started. Seems like the very next day the jokes started and were all over social media. They say theres a joke about everything, I think they were right.

Wash your hands.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:12 PM

I live in a small farming g town (10,000) pop. Restaurants that are open sIt at every other table otherwise drive thru only . Stores paper products gone can goods starting to disappear.no groups larger than 10.pretty much same as everywhere
Old 03-21-2020, 03:19 PM
Huggable!

gg, not able to open your url
Old 03-22-2020, 09:29 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Yeah, now I'm having trouble with proper connection, they may have disabled it.

Ah well, here's a different bit of humor for distraction:
https://twitter.com/the_grim_rapper...8930945/photo/1
Old 03-22-2020, 10:19 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Coastie
Lots of small businesses and restaurants hurting in my area, Broward County.. They just made the decision to close all non-essential. They were open takeout / drive thru only not sure how this is going to effect that. Grocery stores are better stocked today than they have been. TBD on much.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:34 PM

Only one county in central PA. has a few cases. Most cases are in the more populous counties in the western and eastern part of the state. However we have shut down everything locally even before the governor issued an order to do so. The big problem in the rural counties is the availability of doctors and decent hospitals that are staffed.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:20 AM
Just me.

Haven't heard of any cases in our small town but Peoria has had 5 cases where people have tested positive. A lot of stores have cut back on hours (Walmart, Kroger, etc) and set aside early morning hours for seniors only. General "stay at home" rules have significantly reduced traffic on the streets. Churches and schools have suspended open services or classes although many churches have left doors open for people who wish to go in to pray.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:28 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Our esteemed governor here has extended the close order to all "non-essential" retail. Fortunately, pet supply stores are on the list of "essential" businesses, so my leopard gecko isn't going to starve due to human problems.

I cope with gallows humor. And watching glue dry. In fact, while I was so engaged yesterday, a package arrived for me. It had:

MORE GLUE FOR ME TO WATCH DRY!

I also cope by watching zoo web cams. Here's a list of zoos and aquaria with them:
https://zoocamerasaroundtheworld.co...s-with-webcams/
Old 03-27-2020, 02:19 AM
Just me.

Neat. I'll have to look more closely at that website.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:56 PM

Hi all. It's good to see familiar names still here.

The Great Indoorsing of 2020 isn't treating us too badly, the press have scared all but the idiots into severe social isolation. This means going shopping, medical stuff and other essential chores, but no congregating in groups, church services over the internet. Alcohol is available but limited. Movement between states is permitted, but requires a 14 day shut-in at a venue of the state's choice at your cost (with a repeat procedure to return). You need to have a really, really good reason to travel.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:54 AM
Just me.

Hey, OF. Great to see you although it'd be great not to see all this virus stuff go away.

We're in about the same boat here, Some of the stores have early morning "senior" hours (1 or 2) to allow the most "at risk" group do their limited shopping. Fortunately our town (knock on wood) hasn't had any cases yet.

No church services (except online or on TV to empty churches); no sporting events; dinners out, or barber shops open. Nice things is, roads are near empty. Be a good time to go for a drive. While hoarding of toilet paper and hand sanitizers have reduced availability of those items, no really bad problems in our neighborhood.

In any case, hope every pixie is taking care and staying safe … and it was sure good to see you home. Hope to see you again in the near future.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:44 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Idiot friend of the family:
"I've tested positive for COVID-19. I'ts only a mild case, though. I have no idea where I got it. I mean, I've only gone out to the grocery store, the pharmacy, the convenience store, the gas station. Oh, and my boyfriend comes over once or twice a week. J works in a warehouse, with a bunch of other people, they're considered essential personnel."

Not quite a direct quote, but accurate as presented. And this person has 'no clue" as to how she contracted COVID-19.

No, it's not just like 'the flu', it's not media hype, it's not being blown out of proportion. It's a fucking killer pandemic.