Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2002, 02:41 AM
empathic sensual wannabe

Redhair.. The attraction.

Is it because they are only about 2% of the population? It is a mutant (as it were) color.

I mean what is our attaction to this color (for those that do)? I know reading around Im not the only one who does.

For those (like me) that have different hair colors.. take no offense to this thread. I just have an instant attraction to the way the hair interacts with their looks. It doesn't mean Im ignorant enough to go after someone purely for their hair color (though I wont deny this fetish).

Me personally when they have whiter skin.. something about how the red interacts with their face "grabs" me.

I just find it weird.

Is is something with our cones and rods? I heard red is the color we most see in human color preception.

Theories, reasons, experiences? Redhead perpectives are welcome too.. (Like do they hate their hair color because of the unwanted attention? ect.)

*Shrug* I don't know.. Hell my father was into blondes.. Did he ever get pissed when he found out my Mom was dying her hair 6 months after they were married.
Old 01-20-2002, 08:39 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Red heads

I can rememeber always being embarrassed, trying to hide the fact that I had a lot of red in my hair. I used to dye it blonde or brown and kept it cut short-short. Not only was I cursed with auburn/ red hair but it was fairly curly as well. I thought it was horrible when all the pretty teens in magazines were blonde. I thougt that was the ideal. Now I wear my hair natural and long. I think I finally grew mature enough to realize that although it is not the norm, it can be an extreme turn on for some. Glad to hear others think so to. Tootles!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-20-2002, 09:36 AM
Gone with the Wind

Red Hair

Well, my hair got darker, more an auburn, as I got older, in my later 20s, but it still is without a doubt RED. I also have green eyes, fair skin, and a light "dusting" of freckles. I tan well only if done carefully...
Until I started keeping myself bare, I ALWAYS heard the comment, " Oh, and you're a real redhead too" at a uh... *ahem* certain point in the relationship.
When I was younger,and 'cause I am so short, it worsened, the "pixie" and "leprechaun" comments.
The fact that I do have a temper, and am a very passionate, sexually aware woman, all character traits associated with redheads, hasn't helped.
But!!...
I do like being a redhead, like being a member of a club... I enjoy the extra attention, and have learned to enjoy the after-sex "firecracker" coments!!
What was the question? *smile*

WW
Old 01-20-2002, 10:29 AM

Red hair and green eyes.

Irresistable.
Old 01-20-2002, 10:34 AM
Gone with the Wind

Thank you sugar...

WW
Old 01-20-2002, 11:05 AM

Cool

You're welcome.

Yet to meet a greeneyed redhead who wasn't

rivetting and downright sexy, regardless of body

shape and age.

Minor weakness of mine.
Old 01-20-2002, 11:21 AM
Gone with the Wind

Oldfart,

Another effect of being a redhead, when I blush, REALLY blush, it is almost head to toe, and now I am blushing....

WW
Old 01-20-2002, 11:24 AM
Just padding post count

Wow redhair and green eyes and blushes head to toe what a lovely pic to think about.
Old 01-20-2002, 12:34 PM

My hubby has the most gorgeous dark auburn hair, and the darkest chocolate brown eyes.....yummy.....
Old 01-20-2002, 12:52 PM
~*Forget Me Not*~

I have been a brunette (natural), a blond, and a red head...pink too... and even blue.......lol...
Thanks to the family hairstylist.....

But I have to say...the red head had the most FUN!!
So now I leen towards red hair dye.... 9 out of 10 times!

Just wished I was a natural Red Head....But not with green eyes...I'd keep my big browns!...

"Never shall I forget the time I spent with you. Please
continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours."
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Old 01-20-2002, 01:03 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
blushing

WW i guess it is a red head thing cause I blush intensely too. Hubby says he finds it sexy that I blush when he kisses me ...even after 15 years.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-20-2002, 01:26 PM

I too have a "thing" for red hair. (Not to mention what it does to my thing!)LOL My wife has redish-blond hair and very fair skin. (she also has the map of Ireland on her face) Funny thing is, her bush is more red than blond. I guess I have the best of both worlds!
Old 01-20-2002, 10:21 PM
annie

I have found that all my lovers have been red heads they are among the hottest
Old 01-20-2002, 11:11 PM
empathic sensual wannabe

I wont claim to know genetics.. but why is this.. I wont say stereotype, but maybe assumption about redheads being more independent/greater libido/intelligence?

Is it like the Napolean complex where smaller people tend to be over achievers? Since they (redheads) were different in school and thus made fun of, but when their peers became sexual active, attention started to surround them??? I know, I know, this is all juvenile wannabe psychology.

I have to say.. both redheads I knew had a tendency to follow one or the other above, but both had these traits in them (the second one especially with independent.. she broke my heart ). Maybe that's why Im am attracted to them also. So far I havent met a redhead (woman) that lacks these traits.
Old 01-21-2002, 01:33 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Quote:
Originally posted by sixsense
I wont claim to know genetics.. but why is this.. I wont say stereotype, but maybe assumption about redheads being more independent/greater libido/intelligence?

I hope we don't get slammed for this, but... here goes... I'll try to keep this as short as possible; being a redhead myself, I always thought there was some genetic baggage that seems to ride along with the obvious physical traits; let's just say my personal experience tells me this could be true. Naturally, there's always the arguement of nature vs. nuture, but I know what I've seen. Sixsense has kind to us in his assessments, what he calls independence some call stubborn, libido/sex-crazed, & intelligence/smartassed!
Just to keep this thread going, we've heard what the guys think about redheaded women, what do the ladies think about redheaded men?

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.