Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What do you believe? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27461)

Steph 02-14-2006 08:14 AM

I believe in the power of ravens. If they land on your lawn, it's going to rain.

I believe you can jinx things by talking about them too much or too early.

jseal 12-31-2011 08:08 AM

Are we really the only ones here or is the universe just too damn big for that to be true? While this planet is the only one we know of that contains intelligent life, the universe is so large that the probability of other sentient species is, for all intents and purposes, 1.

It would be wonderful to become aware of extra-terrestrial life and marvelous indeed were it sentient.

Lord Snow 12-31-2011 09:59 AM

Are you a cynic or a dreamer? Cynic for sure. Dreams only come true if you make them happen.

Do you think a monster lurks in Loch Ness or that it is just a log? Nessie isn't necessarily a monster, just misunderstood or misidentified.....or both.

Would you stand in front of a mirror and say 'Bloody Mary' 3 times? Been there, done that. What was it supposed to do?

Are we really the only ones here or is the universe just too damn big for that to be true? I agree with Gallagher on this one. The reason aliens haven't landed here is because they know we're going to take them out, get them drunk, and run off with their flying saucer.

Does a raven staring at you through a window bring bad luck? Know, but I believe that in some way a raven is like a writing desk. I'm just not sure how.

What do you believe in? I believe that it's our decisions and subsequent actions that matter. We make our own destiny and should plan carefully. We only get one shot, so it should count.

Oldfart 12-31-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseal
It would be wonderful to become aware of extra-terrestrial life and marvelous indeed were it sentient.

In a universe of millions of galaxies, containing millions of suns each, the belief that there is life out there is inevietable.

Whether the civilisations overlap ours is the big question.

jseal 12-31-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart
... Whether the civilisations overlap ours is the big question.

I'll take life - sentient or otherwise. Just imagine what an impact such a discovery would have on biology if it was not based on DNA!

If non-terrestrial life is informed and described by DNA, then that also is exciting, implying as it does that DNA is sufficient for life to arise on independent worlds.

I can only hope that I'll live long enough to be around when "it" happens. :)

Perhaps 2012 will be the year. :thumb:

Lord Snow 12-31-2011 03:21 PM

Nah, the world is going to end in Dec. of 2012.

jseal 12-31-2011 04:34 PM

I dunno, dude. It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.

PantyFanatic 12-31-2011 04:50 PM

The only thing larger than the universe would be an ego that makes us exclusive.

AZRedHot 12-31-2011 04:58 PM

I believe in coyotes and time as an abstract.

I know there is more to reality than we can take in with our 5 senses.

Oldfart 12-31-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseal
I dunno, dude. It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.

I make wonderful predictions about the recent past.

scotzoidman 01-01-2012 06:17 PM

I believe I'll have another cup of coffee.

citrus 01-22-2012 12:49 PM

"...cynic or a dreamer?" I got doubts about being a dreamer. Had nightmares over it

"...monster... or... ...log?" A fast, ugly, smart, very large serpent.

"...a mirror and say... ?" After 3 more bloody hail Mary's, couldn't stand long enuf to say it!

"...only ones here or... ?" Others? What? It's crowded already in here.

"...raven staring... ?" I'm a good aim with a slingshot.

"...believe in?" Right Now

Oldfart 01-22-2012 03:48 PM

Long time no see, Citrus.

Rhiannon 01-22-2012 04:08 PM

Are you a cynic or a dreamer? def a dreamer

Do you think a monster lurks in Loch Ness or that it is just a log? dunno if monster but something is defintely in the loch

Would you stand in front of a mirror and say 'Bloody Mary' 3 times?
No way!

Are we really the only ones here or is the universe just too damn big for that to be true? i think there are other out there

Does a raven staring at you through a window bring bad luck? never heard that but know i was told that wild bird in house is death

What do you believe in? i am believer in God and prayer and many different beliefs as i have friends that are buddist and pagan and everything in between so i am pretty open minded

Lilith 02-15-2012 09:14 PM

I believe if you lie about your accomplishments to get ahead you will eventually fall on your behind.