Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   *Random Picture Thread* (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29363)

lizzardbits 11-17-2006 10:34 AM

4 Attachment(s)
here are more that PF helped me to resize ~~Thank you kindly~~

Beautiful is a lily that grows at my folk's place

the others are all pictures taken at my last trip to England

lizzardbits 11-17-2006 10:38 AM

3 Attachment(s)
more "post cards" from England

lizzardbits 11-17-2006 10:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
:) :d :)

PantyFanatic 11-17-2006 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish
You bet there are floor level double doors under that beam. A pair on each of the five levels. The doors are solid mahogany...painted green on the outside. :yikes: And the beam was used all day every day from 1864 to 1985, when the mill moved south in search of a more affordable environment......

What a great building, WI.:D As much as I'm against 'regulation' beyond safety codes, you should not be able to put up a building with more than one story, (including homes) that doesn't have a beam. They could be esthetically acceptable even if made retractable to do so and the beating that would be saved to the building over it's life, (not to mention the work) would be great. :)

And since we're here…………….. :box:

A flat roof by any architect should be 100% guaranteed, by them AND their descendants, for the life of the building, if it is above 35Ί N latitude!

……….. And you can NOT have a basement for ANY building without a minimum of a 48" exterior stairwell!

*weeee*

Resume construction :)

WildIrish 11-17-2006 11:43 AM

It is a cool set of buildings, that's for sure.

I'm not a fan of flat roofs either! But if there's a decent height parapet wall...they make for fine swimming pools when you plug the roof drains. :D

Aqua 11-17-2006 01:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Snoqualmie falls.

Falling particularly hard from all the rain we've had here lately.

WildIrish 11-17-2006 03:28 PM

Nice falls!

I sure love rocks and rivers.

lizzardbits 11-17-2006 11:10 PM

WOW! those are some cool pics Aqua!

Neige 11-18-2006 11:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
When Lake is away on business for a few days, he gets my parents to take care of Vinci, our kitty. My parents have an adorable bunny, Chatouil. While at first, the cat and the bunny didn't want anything to do with one another, Vinci is now starting to realize that he is getting bigger than the bunny. And he is soooooooo curious about that rabbit!!! Sorry about the third pic being so dark... Vinci would wait until the rabbit peeked over the edge of his little house to give him a tap on the nose!

osuche 11-19-2006 12:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a picture of me, the man I love and admire most in this world (my grandfather), and his wife. Note that his wife is his high school sweetheart, who he got back together with after 47 years of not seeing one another.

We're in Sonoma at a winery, about 35 miles from my house.

BTW - I look awful in this photo (lost a lot of weight since then), but the scenery looks great!

One of the toughest things about living in San Francisco is that I don't get to see my granfather -- who is 81 -- very often. :(

osuche 11-19-2006 12:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
In my husband's family, they have what they call pujas, where they worship their gods. They offer special foods and prayers, and say blessings over a sacred flame.

You'll see a white shell in the foreground. It's a conch shell. The priest blows in the conch shell to make a horn like noise. Blowing the conch is a ritual during the puja and is a form of prayer to the gods.

After the puja, everyone shares the sacred food.

osuche 11-19-2006 12:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is me when I was in high school. 17, in love with music, and the man who took these photos. We're in a field about 1/4 mile from my house where I grew up.

Yes, I was almost a music major...and then I realized I had to put food on the table. And I just wasn't that good a musician! :spin:

The other photo is of the City I have grown to love over the past two years. Yes, it really looks like that. Often.

It amazes me every time I see it.

Lilith 11-19-2006 09:47 AM

great pictures. Soounds like they are attached to beautiful memories.

rabbit 11-19-2006 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua
Snoqualmie falls.

Falling particularly hard from all the rain we've had here lately.

Ever been to the Salish Lodge?

rabbit 11-19-2006 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
some of my fave place

Very familiar sites for me growing up...

*sniff*

I miss FL....