Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advice (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ladies ...Body image (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9650)

celticangel 01-09-2003 06:27 AM

always had a poor self body image--but now at 35,feel that I am more able to accept myself for what I am. Mum of 2, auntie to loads---most of my scars are "internal" but,like the external ones, are part of who I am. And my friends and family love me inspite of this!! Feel loads better after losing 14st of useless fat!(through the abusive sod out!)---but mum still says my ass is big---cause my head is up it!xx Nobody is perfect,but u r the best at being u!

sn250s 01-09-2003 11:34 PM

Okay, I'm a guy but I have to jump in here - a bit OT.

I was the jumbo fat kid in high school. Way too tall. 255 lbs.

15 years ago I started working out every day. After 3 years I was 195 lbs, 6'4". People said I looked great, I even had chicks hooting and whisling at me all the time (loved it!).

But I tell you when I looked in the mirror I saw the same fat kid. No change at all.

It convinced me that something is screwed in my ability to perceive my own body. I keep working out. I've put on some weight (married, two kids, what ya gonna do).:confused:

Vigil 01-10-2003 01:45 AM

I can't add anything that isn't cluttering the bookshelves on this subject, though perhaps someone should invent a mother antidote.

What I can say is that your personality shines through and to me it is very attractive.

Irish 01-10-2003 11:45 AM

bilbowashere---I have many comments on this thread but the most important one is to help you with your problem!I had the same problem with alcohol as you!For years,I pooh-poohed,every-
one and said that I could quit anytime that I wanted.Years ago,I wouldn't have taken someone like me seriously.I would have said-
"What do you know about it?"Beleive me,I know about it.I haven't
used any mind altering drugs(booze or otherwise)for over ten&1/2yrs. now and only you can see the real difference.I can only urge you to take the step.I wish that I had listened to someone 11 yrs ago.Beleive it or not,they only care about you.They are not trying to be meddlesome. Irish
P.S.If you want to contact me---Triumpht@metrocast.net

Missy1965 01-15-2003 02:54 PM

I am pretty comfortable with myself. I recently just started going to the gym again to tone up and drop a few more pounds for the warm weather coming up. I started yoga and it is the most relaxing thing I have done for myself in a long time.

toyfiend 01-16-2003 01:40 PM

My mother never had much of a problem with how I looked, other than that darn "no makeup until you are fourteen" rule which haunted me in junior high...because my friends, although they never cared how I looked, were all these little stick figure gurls, hardly any boobs, little everywhere, and it drove me crazy. It was like this all through high school, and even though I wasn't "fat" then and I am not "fat" now either, I was rather veloptuous in comparison. Even though I realized that I totally wasted the best years of my body in baggy basketball sweats! (Doh!)

I have learned since, that even though I am not the stick thin type, I am beautiful, and have assets to show off! I don't have to show off for all the men anymore, but I love being shown off by my fiancee, walking around on his arm in the Evil Push Up Bra and a low cut sweater. :p

Realizing that even though you arent a model, you can be beautiful, is a huge realization that EVERYONE, male - female - whatever should make. It does wonders.

WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!