Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What made you sad today? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29234)

Oldfart 03-22-2015 06:00 PM

It's hard, AZRH, being helpless in the face of the inevitable. Save your feelings until your friend has gone (you can do it) and wring everything you can out of what time you have together.

This is the only way I got through losing my sister to cancer.

AZRedHot 03-22-2015 11:42 PM

Thanks, OF. Though it kills me to admit it ;), that's pretty good advice. Dwelling on what I cannot control has never done me any good, and it won't do either of us good this time, either. I will try.

dicksbro 03-23-2015 12:52 AM

We'll add your friend to our prayer list that whatever happens, somehow the comfort and consolation will be there when it's needed most. In the meantime, I think OF got it right. Do the best with the time you have.

AZRedHot 03-23-2015 01:07 AM

Thank you, DB. We'll take every bit of help that's offered.

Lilith 03-23-2015 05:55 PM

I wish I had some words of comfort or advise but I can only imagine how scared you both are. Losing people just sucks.

Oldfart 03-24-2015 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
I wish I had some words of comfort or advise but I can only imagine how scared you both are. Losing people just sucks.

Big time.

dicksbro 04-09-2015 07:20 AM

Actually, it was yesterday when we went to the visitation of a young man (mid-40's) who died in an electrical accident a few days ago. He had been my son's (same age) best friend through grade school, police school, up until the day he died. He had been a well respected member of the E. Peoria's Police Department and was part of their K-9 unit. His dog died just a couple of years ago with honors granted by the police department. Literally hundreds of State, and local officers from many communities were there along with hundreds of friends. We knew him well and it was a shocking and deep loss for us, too.

Morri 05-20-2015 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksbro
Actually, it was yesterday when we went to the visitation of a young man (mid-40's) who died in an electrical accident a few days ago. He had been my son's (same age) best friend through grade school, ice school, up until the day he died. He had been a well respected member of the E. Peoria's Police Department and was part of their K-9 unit. His dog died just a couple of years ago with honors granted by the police department. Literally hundreds of State, and local officers from many communities were there along with hundreds of friends. We knew him well and it was a shocking and deep loss for us, too.

That is so awful dicksbro! :(

The El Macho and I are getting divorced after almost 16 years, so today I am feeling sad about that. Maybe not so sad about the divorce, but about the man I don't recognize anymore. Life, can be so rough. Death, divorce, is some of the most painful feelings to feel. Ironic that with death and divorce, the grieving process can be very similar. Big hugs...XOXO Morrigan!

jseal 05-20-2015 08:14 AM

Morri,

Tough shot. Hope you'll get through this difficult period quickly. :wish:

dicksbro 05-20-2015 11:06 PM

Sorry to hear about the problems you're facing Morri. Hopefully things will work out for the best. Our thoughts are with you.

PantyFanatic 05-22-2015 06:16 AM

Morri, remember not so much the painful parting but the many joys that brought you together. :shrug:

Oldfart 05-22-2015 07:25 PM

And remember that staying together would just extend the pain. The separation is required to start the healing.

jay-t 05-24-2015 01:28 PM

I'm sad that its raining again. This month we have gotten 29"inches of rain with lots of flooding (no water in the house) last night it rained 4 inches an hour

dicksbro 05-24-2015 11:04 PM

That's a lot of rain ^^^^. 4" and hour. Arrrggg!

We've had a lot of rain, but, knock on wood, not beyond the ability of our rivers and stream to handle any extra. Hopefully this puts an end to the drought-like conditions in your neck of the woods.

I wish the weather would clear here long enough to get all those springtime outside chores done. :(

Lord Snow 05-30-2015 10:58 AM

It's not really sad, but my oscar decided he really didn't like his thermometer and broke it. Luckily he didn't break open the inner tube where the red liquid was.