Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   whos a hockey fan??? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6898)

darkmanx 04-24-2002 09:23 PM

whos a hockey fan???

if anyone follows hockey, they know that its playoff time, and no sport has a better playoffs than hockey.

im from Boston so im following the Bruins agains the Canadians right now, and i also like the Devils.

Who else is a fan, and who are you rootin for, and what are your predictions for the Cup.

xanne 04-24-2002 09:35 PM

Hehehe, my home team is the Canucks and I want them to whup the Red Wings.

No predictions for the Stanley cup though, and yes, I love hockey playoffs!! :p

darkmanx 04-24-2002 09:39 PM

damn detriot tied it up, i'm prayin your Canucks can get it down, because in my mind if the Wings go down, than Boston has it in the bag

imacoming 04-24-2002 09:45 PM

Go Leafs, Go

mulder69 04-24-2002 10:03 PM

I love hockey, i watch every game on TV. Even though im Canadian, i love the Blues, i believe they have the stuff to make it this year. But since i live in Ottawa i can't help but to cheer them on. St Louis vs. Ottawa.................. in the final

Jizzlobber 04-24-2002 10:07 PM

...I'll second that Go Leafs Go...even though the stupid buggers let the series get tied up at 2-2...They better stop dragging their asses out there...I really, really, REALLY want the leafs to win the cup...

Finn 04-25-2002 01:06 AM

Canadiens rules! Koivu is the king! Hes from my hometown...

Sugarsprinkles 04-25-2002 06:26 AM

GO RED WINGS!!!!!! GO RED WINGS!!!!! GO RED WINGS!!!!

In case you can't tell, I'm a Detroit Red Wings fan. Through and through! Have been for years, probably since before some of you were born.

I think the Cup is theirs to lose this year. And they certainly CAN lose it if they don't wake up and continue playing like they did the last two games. I don't know who was on the ice for the first two games against Vancouver, but it certainly wasn't the Wings that we saw the entire season.
And what was with the officiating in that last game??? Where'd they get those officials anyway??
I would dearly love to see a Finals between the Wings and the Leafs!! Two of the "Original Six" teams......and the decades-old rivalry....What a hell of a Finals that would make!!

oh, and btw...GO RED WINGS!!!

xanne 04-25-2002 01:11 PM

Since you are a Red Wings fan Sprinkles, can you explain about the octopus? I am really puzzled here :rolleyes: :confused:

Aqua 04-25-2002 03:30 PM

Although I'm not a huge hockey fan, I'll be cheering for the Avs!
(I would say 'rooting' for them, but I don't want to give our Austrailian friends the wrong idea.)

Ste 04-25-2002 05:16 PM

DEVILS, they can still pull this one back yet!
KK is a god! (Kurt Kleinendorst)

Sarriah 04-25-2002 05:52 PM

GO AVS GO AVS GO AVS :D:D:D

Irish 04-25-2002 06:54 PM

I have never followed Hockey enough to have a favorite team.It's
not that I don't like it;I just never followed it.The only thing;that I
know about Hockey;is that one of my grandsons wears a Bruins
jacket.I guess that I'll root for them;altho from what I've seen on
the sports news;they're not playing very well! Irish

Sugarsprinkles 04-25-2002 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xanne
Since you are a Red Wings fan Sprinkles, can you explain about the octopus? I am really puzzled here :rolleyes: :confused:

Hi Xanne!
At one time, before all the expansion, when there were only 6 teams in the NHL, the playoffs consisted of a semifinal round for the winner of each conference and then the Finals. Therefore it only took 8 victories to win the Stanley Cup. Following me so far???? An octopus has 8 tentacles....one for each victory needed to win the cup. Some Red Wings fan back in the early '50s decided to throw an octopus on the ice in "honor" of the 8 victories and 8 tentacles. For some reason it caught on and became a tradition. Was I able to explain clearly?:(

(in the second period Wings lead Vancouver 4-0!!)

GO RED WINGS!!!!!:D :D :D

Sugarsprinkles 04-25-2002 09:03 PM

Wings won 4-0!! Back to Vancouver for one more and hopefully last game on Saturday!!
GO WINGS!!!

Sarriah 04-25-2002 09:04 PM

I watching the Avs game right now :D:D:D

Sugarsprinkles 04-25-2002 09:40 PM

Me too. And rooting for L.A......(what else would you expect from someone from Detroit??):D :D :D

darkmanx 04-25-2002 09:56 PM

o god how i HATE the Avs. and the culmination was last year when Ray Bourque won it with them and NOT here in Boston where he SHOULD have won it........although i was happy he won it period

Sarriah 04-25-2002 10:00 PM

ROFL
well we almost out of the 2nd and NOTHING rofl
some close calls but nada yet

GO AVS GO AVS

darkmanx 04-25-2002 10:00 PM

btw, did anyone catch the Bruins-Canadians game tonight.....wow what a game, and lets just say the rivalry is so on after the hit on Zenick, i hope hes ok

Sugarsprinkles 04-26-2002 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by darkmanx
o god how i HATE the Avs. Ray Bourque won it with them and NOT here in Boston where he SHOULD have won it........

darkmanx,
that was the ONLY good thing about the Avs winning it last year. I'm glad Ray Bourque won it, but would have much preferred to see him win it with Boston.

mulder69 04-26-2002 11:18 AM

BLUES WON AGAIN... Watch out Detroit...hope they got their kareoke machine all set up because their gonna sing the BLUES!!!

pje 04-26-2002 12:13 PM

Being from the best damn sports town in the US of A im a blues fan all the way.

Sugarsprinkles 04-26-2002 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulder69
BLUES WON AGAIN... Watch out Detroit...their gonna sing the BLUES!!!

That remains to be seen....The Blues haven't gotten past Detroit yet in any previous playoffs that they've played each other.
At the least, it will be a very good series if they do in fact play each other.;)

Aqua 04-26-2002 01:12 PM

Darn it... the AVS couldn't pull it off last night... Maybe they can wrap up the series tomorrow.

Ophelia 04-26-2002 01:32 PM

GOOOOOOO AAAAVVVVVSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

mikeylikesit 04-26-2002 05:00 PM

what a cheap shot on zednick.......and he is not really ok...

now the bruins will advance.....kinda like cheating...

go wings go

imacoming 04-26-2002 09:48 PM

GO LEAFS GO!!!! 3-2 series. What a great game tonight. I think that the Leafs have proven the no matter who is on the ice YOU DON'T F@#K WITH A LEAF!!!
And any American that would boo the Canadian national anthem can kiss my Great White Canuck ASS!!!! FU you ignorant bastards........ah that was good to get of my chest.
By the way....
I AM CANADAIN!!!!!!!!!I AM CANADAIN!!!!!!!!! I AM CANADAIN!!!!!!!!!

Sugarsprinkles 04-27-2002 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by imacoming
And any American that would boo the Canadian national anthem can kiss my Great White Canuck ASS!!!! FU you ignorant bastards........I AM CANADAIN!!!!!!!!!I AM CANADAIN!!!!!!!!! I AM CANADAIN!!!!!!!!!

Booing ANYONE'S national anthem is an extremely ignorant thing to do, and on behalf of the "true" sports fans of Detroit, I apologize to our Canadian members.
And imacoming....you might like to check your spelling...

I know who and what a "CANADIAN" is but I've never met a
CANADAIN!! :confused:

Irish 04-27-2002 09:26 AM

For everyones information!I didn't see the incident but just heard;
on the radio;that the Bruin? has been suspended for the next game. Irish
P.S.Fair or not;I don't know.As I said;I didn't see it and therefore
can't make a personal judgement.

Sugarsprinkles 04-28-2002 09:13 AM

YEAYYYY WINGS!!!

The Red Wings clinched their series over Vancouver last night!!
Althought they were down 2 games to None, they came back and won 4 straight!!
Now, we just sit back and wait to see who we get in the next round......:D :D :D :D

Carolina has also eliminated New Jersey !! :D

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!!

darkmanx 04-28-2002 10:50 PM

well im not as happy as you are sprinkles......my Bruins lost and are down 3-2 and playin in Montreal tomorrow.......i still think they can pull this off, but its gonna be hard

as for Toronto, its not looking too good, i know they are going back home, but the Isles are giving them a hell of a serious.

as for the Avs. what is going on there, they should have put LA out of this long time ago, but I'm not complaining

and for God sakes what in the world happend with the Devils, how can they let Carolina beat them.........tsk tsk

darkmanx 04-29-2002 10:18 PM

as you can imagine, im not a happy camper........my Bruins lost and right now the Avs are winning......so im gonna go cry now, and hope the Isles win tomorrow

Sarriah 04-30-2002 09:30 AM

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO :D they won they won :D:D

Sugarsprinkles 04-30-2002 09:40 AM

darkmanx,

So sorry about your Bruins! Was really hoping they'd turn it around last night. And even more sorry that the Avs won. But with the Avs winning Detroit gets St. Louis in the next round. We've taken them every other time in the playoffs, so I'm not especially worried this time.;) :p

Ophelia 04-30-2002 10:51 AM

GOOOOOOO AAAAAAAAVVVVVSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Aqua 04-30-2002 12:00 PM

YYYAAAAYYYY AAAAAVVVVVVVSSSSSS!!! WOOHOO!!
Go AVS - GO AVS - GO AVS!!!!

Sugarsprinkles 04-30-2002 01:40 PM

Now Ophelia and Aquaman......

I like both of you a lot, so I'm going to do my best to ignore the fact that you're Avs fans.....

And you can ignore the fact that I'm a Red Wings fan....OK????:D :D :D :D :D

GGGOOOOO REDDDD WWWIINNNNNGSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarriah 04-30-2002 02:19 PM

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO AAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

darkmanx 04-30-2002 02:38 PM

my god, ive never seen so many Avs fans.......its almost like my worst nightmare........only thing i could imagine to be worse were if you were all also Yankee fans, but i love you all anyway :D