Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Sex Talk (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Guys that end up being a "best friend" with someone you're interested in? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28762)

-=Kenshin=- 08-11-2006 04:18 PM

Guys that end up being a "best friend" with someone you're interested in?

I don't know what it is, whether it's me or the people i meet but regardless. The situation is that i've been out on several dates in the last 2 months and I kid you not...all of'em have ended up with me being the "best friend" situation...where they aren't interested in romance etc. but they are interested in being good friends and all lol (not that it's wrong or anything but I just find it funny that all of my dates lately minus a few that didn't flow have been like this).

How do you guys ever dig yourselves out of that type of situation as it seems to be my bane lately! It's like the worst possible position lol.

:rant::rant:

WildIrish 08-11-2006 04:26 PM

Don't knock friendships...true loves are best friends too.

I know it's not what you're looking for in the short term, but in the long run...you just may find someone that's "always been there, and always been great".

(((((kenshin)))))

Andel 08-11-2006 05:01 PM

Ask your new friends if they know someone you can go on a date with. Be warned, your dates may grow exponentially.

alspals69 08-11-2006 05:47 PM

Well, I guess you have enough best friends for now.

Sometimes people end up being best friends because thats how they behave. It's not always nice to be nice, lol.

Be bold, be confident. Make sure that you have a good interesting fun filled life even without a girfriend. Thats a good foundation around which love/lust may flourish.

I'm sure you're just having a dry patch, things will perk up.

Lilith 08-13-2006 01:46 PM

I married my best guy friend. We went on a date and I decided it was not a romance thing and I was not ready to be tied down ( ;) ;) ) A year later he got serious about someone and I freaked and realized I had loved him all along. 20 years later...

-=Kenshin=- 08-14-2006 11:09 AM

Now has it ever occured to you why it took so long to kick in? lol. :gb:

Cuz quite frankly it's rather getting annoying hanging around with your "friends" who are now untouchable...yet you have the desire to want something more...you know what i'm saying?

I don't want to ruin a friendship but hey that's what it is.

sexychrissy 08-14-2006 12:23 PM

Ok I know exactally how you feel!! One of my best friends is a guy i was secretly in love with for umm 2 yrs to be honest at one time i wished my ex was him!!!!! However he claimed we were friends yet he called me every night and every day we could talk about anything!!! However now he is engaged and not to me :(!! However i am very happy now souls is my world and i have lost the feelings i once had for that guy!!! WE are still Friends and we both are very happy for each other!!!!!

-=Kenshin=- 08-14-2006 03:39 PM

^^ !! I don't understand why people can't just be more direct with each other...I find I'm extremely direct with women and make my intentions clear pretty early on. Is this a bad or good thing? Cuz I always though women wanted a guy that knows what he wants in life and in a significant other and isn't afraid to speak his mind etc.

no?

or am i just being a little shovanistic here? lol

Lilith 08-14-2006 07:01 PM

Knowing what you want and expecting someone to give it to you just cause you want it are two very different things.