Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Officially bored with Sarah Palin (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35794)

Jax 03-12-2012 06:17 PM

Officially bored with Sarah Palin

I've been really bored with her for quite some time. But I was hoping she would just go away. Guess not. But I can hope.

Oldfart 03-12-2012 07:21 PM

I have the feeling that you'll have a lot more boredom to come, what with the bio-pic and her next tilt at vice-prez. If she gets in, the world will be praying extra hard for the continued good health of the prez.

PantyFanatic 03-12-2012 10:31 PM

Lord help us. :yikes: Cheney showed us that office can move the lips of a healthy prez. Odds are with us though, unless GW can come back it's unlikely there will be an ass dumb enough for her hand to slide into.

(just a personal opinion :2cents: )

dicksbro 03-13-2012 02:44 AM

Of course, the option of Biden is hardly reassuring. :(

One thing, when we pick number 2, we REALLY PICK NUMBER 2!

Oldfart 03-13-2012 05:50 AM

But number 2 is number 1 with a bullet (so to speak).

What happens when a deeply unpopular number 2 replaces a popular number 1?

PantyFanatic 03-13-2012 11:01 AM

They call him Johnson. ;)

Oldfart 03-13-2012 07:16 PM

You are dredging in the sandpit of rumour and innuendo, young PF.

dicksbro 03-14-2012 10:47 AM

I think there ought to be a one term limit (I'd suggest 6 years with 1/3 elected every 2) on all politicians with NO retirement benefits. If you want to "serve the country" for one term ... fine ... then go home and get a job.

gekkogecko 03-14-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax
But I was hoping she would just go away. Guess not.

Until then, there's still the option of pointing & laughing.

Irish 03-14-2012 05:39 PM

I see that nothing has changed,so it's back o lurking & occasionally looking in!
Irish :irish:
P.S.Happy St Patricks Day to everyone!

jseal 03-14-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish
I see that nothing has changed,so it's back o lurking & occasionally looking in!

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

... and a Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you and yours! :cheers: Good to see you whenever. :)

AZRedHot 03-14-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksbro
I think there ought to be a one term limit (I'd suggest 6 years with 1/3 elected every 2) on all politicians with NO retirement benefits. If you want to "serve the country" for one term ... fine ... then go home and get a job.

I guess I never believed in an official term limit, because every politician has a term limit if the people wish it so...it is the citizenry's laziness and apathy as much as the politician's that keep them in office forever; if they don't vote him/her out, well...we get the government we deserve, no?

Oldfart 03-14-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish

And a happy St Pat's to you also.

I'll have a (real) pint, the whole 20 ounces, of Guinness for you on the day.

PantyFanatic 03-14-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRedHot
I guess I never believed in an official term limit, because every politician has a term limit if the people wish it so...it is the citizenry's laziness and apathy as much as the politician's that keep them in office forever; if they don't vote him/her out, well...we get the government we deserve, no?

Good points! :thumbs: ... and ones I once believed in and was right above all else. Now I believe we get the best government money can buy and want to be so very wrong. :tear:

gekkogecko 03-15-2012 05:36 PM

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it, good and hard. "

-H L Menken,
according to brainy quotes (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/q...cke163179.html).