Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Transitions — Paul Newman (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33476)

jseal 09-27-2008 11:02 AM

Transitions — Paul Newman

Paul Newman died of cancer yesterday at his home. He was 83.

He appeared in more than 50 movies, including Cat On A Hot Tin Roof, The Hustler, The Sting and Hud. He won an Academy Award for Best Actor in 1987 for The Color Of Money.

R.I.P sir.

FlirtWithMe 09-27-2008 11:08 AM

Oh how very sad :(

My grandmother would have shed a tear at this news, had she outlived him. She always had a soft spot for Paul Newman, said he had very beautiful eyes.

:boohoo:

osuche 09-27-2008 11:36 AM

I loved that he was very dedicated to his wife and family, liked race cars, and give lots of $$ to kids with cancer and other great causes.

RIP to a very good man. He will be missed by many.

Scarecrow 09-27-2008 12:07 PM

May "Bullet" run forever

R.I.P. Paul

PantyFanatic 09-27-2008 12:30 PM

Another Cleveland kid gone. :tear:

So long Butch.

Oldfart 09-27-2008 06:49 PM

Vaya con dios, Hombre.

scotzoidman 09-27-2008 08:12 PM

"Sometimes nothin' is a Cool Hand"

I'm with osuche, he seemed to be the template for how all of Hollywood should behave; take the work seriously, but not yourself, & remember you're getting paid a lot of $$$ to play make-believe. I think we'll not see another like him for a while. RIP.

(BTW, SC, "Bullet" was a cool movie, but that was Steve McQueen) :wink:

PantyFanatic 09-27-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotzoidman
...(BTW, SC, "Bullet" was a cool movie, but that was Steve McQueen) :wink:

Funny you would mention that. I never thought of the two as a parallel, yet when I first read this sad news, Papillion flashed to mind. I caught myself right away as that being McQueen, but there seems to be a subliminal connection I never realized for more than just me. :shrug:

scotzoidman 09-27-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
Funny you would mention that. I never thought of the two as a parallel, yet when I first read this sad news, Papillion flashed to mind. I caught myself right away as that being McQueen, but there seems to be a subliminal connection I never realized for more than just me. :shrug:

Maybe just the blue eyes...and the 12 degrees of "cool" both men exuded :thumbs:

Scarecrow 09-27-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotzoidman
"Sometimes nothin' is a Cool Hand"

I'm with osuche, he seemed to be the template for how all of Hollywood should behave; take the work seriously, but not yourself, & remember you're getting paid a lot of $$$ to play make-believe. I think we'll not see another like him for a while. RIP.

(BTW, SC, "Bullet" was a cool movie, but that was Steve McQueen) :wink:

OOPS, just put it down to CRS

lakritze 09-29-2008 10:16 AM

"Being on Nixon's White House enemy list,is the highest single honor I've ever received." A truely great man in and out of the movies.He made a pretty good salad dressing too. He'll never be replaced. RIP Mr.Newman.

Aqua 09-29-2008 11:11 AM

Sad news indeed, :(

Rest easy, Mr. Newman. You were one of a kind.

Cjack 09-29-2008 01:04 PM

He was a great Actor and a Great Man not to mention he had a beautiful sexy wife.
May he rest in peace.