Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   If you can read this (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25706)

Lilith 07-17-2005 11:23 AM

If you can read this

you are too close...I hate that bumper sticker :p

I was thinking about how so many of us spend so much time in our cars on the road with a zillion other cars. You are surrounded by people and yet no one is communicating. I think this is one of the reasons why cell phone use while driving is so high despite being 4 times more likely to wreck while using one than not using one. One of the few ways we comunicate with other drivers, with the exception of the occasional eye contact or hand gesture, is through our bumper stickers.

I am a bumper sticker whore. I love places like stickergiant. I buy them for me and for friends as well. Sometimes just pretty ones, sometimes ones that express views that they have shared with me.

Do you have bumper stickers on your car, truck, suv, etc.??? If not, why? Have you seen one that you like but don't have?

IAKaraokeGirl 07-17-2005 11:27 AM

OMG, Lil--that is the best link! :rofl:

Lilith 07-17-2005 11:30 AM

yeah I could live there. I like it cause they have a wide variety of view points represented.

Cheyanne 07-17-2005 11:55 AM

LOL.... What would Scooby Do? :D

Lilith 07-17-2005 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have:

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Speak your mind even if your voice shakes.

Children know everything.

Trick me once shame on you, trick me twice shame on you again cause that's not very nice.

I have this great BITCH sticker but It would probably not go over too well sitting in the school parking lot :D

jay-t 07-17-2005 12:02 PM

I had one on a car that had been rearended it was a big bandaid that said "Bless This Mess" I always wanted to have one made for the wifes car that said "don't get me confused or excited I might wet my pants " but I know what would happen if I did!!

Cheyanne 07-17-2005 12:03 PM

We don't put bumperstickers on our cars. In fact, I don't like that sticker thing that dealers put on cars to let everyone know where the vehicle was purchased either...the next time we buy the car we are going to ask for 10% off if the dealer does't remove that free advertising banner.. lol

The reason I don't put them on is because I am afraid that I will get tailgated in order for the person behind me to read them.. :(

BIBI 07-17-2005 12:15 PM

I used to have on my car at different times....."Boldly Going Nowhere" and "Don't Follow Me, I'm Lost" The one I have now says "Maybe The Hokey Pokey Is What It's All About".

The funniest experience regarding a bumper sticker I had, was with my mom when I was 18. We pulled up behind a truck and the bumper sticker said "Honk If Your Horny". My mom starts to lean on the horn and the guy in the truck started to throw his arms around and you could see he was cursing...yelling....looked like he was having his ass bit he was bouncing around so much. THEN it hit him and he just waved back to my mom looking sheepish.

Cheyanne 07-17-2005 12:28 PM

^^^^^^^^^lol

rabbit 07-17-2005 12:38 PM

No bumper stickers on my car because I don't like the look of 'em.

My wife has three on her car. She likes 'em.

FallenAngel5 07-17-2005 01:45 PM

I love bumper stickers, but alas, have no car. :)

But, being the liberal college student that I am, I just bought 12 dollars worth of buttons from that site. LOL. Thanks Lil.

lakritze 07-17-2005 03:44 PM

The only sticker on my car is the little round AAA emblum. Been a proud member since 1971.

dicksbro 07-17-2005 07:10 PM

None on our cars. The advertising can ride on the car in front. :)

Had a friend who told a dealer NOT to put his dealer sticker on the new car he ordered. When the car got there, it had the sticker. He told them take it off, order a new car, or deduct $200 for the advertisting. They deducted the $200. Hmmmmm.

LixyChick 07-17-2005 07:31 PM

Only two stickers on my truck...one says KW (which stands for Key West) and it's on the rear window...not the bumper. The other is is my AAA sticker, for obvious reasons.

I don't like the look of them when they get old.

I am of the notion that everyone should have as sticker that states their cell phone number loud and proud. It'd keep more people from being such assholes if all we had to do was phone them and yell into their ear instead of into the air!

If we can't have stickers for that...could we at least make the license plate the number...huh...huh?

Lilith 07-17-2005 07:35 PM

oh I guess I didn't mention mine are not on the bumper...they are on the window like Lixy's.