Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Wish me luck (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22131)

silentsoul 09-16-2004 02:40 PM

Wish me luck

Well, day after tomorrow (sat sept 18) is my wedding day. Man it's gonna be hell, plain and simple, we (i.e. SHE) waited way too long to start planning this and it's just really hard to get everything together all in time.

We were planning to have our wedding outdoors but that's just about the time that ivan is supposed to be right on top of us so I doubt that's gonna happen. We were hoping to have it at the local firehouse because I did NOT want to have it in a church (christianity just ain't my bag) but again we didn't get to it in time and our request have been denied.

So as of now we're basically running around with our heads cut off.

But that's not even the part I need luck with. Guess where our honeymoon resort is DAYTONA, florida. Any other time it's like the greatest (and hottest) place in the world, but let my ass be heading down there and not only is there one hurricane, but TWO! It's still supposed to be raining at least part of the time we're down there.

So right now, I'm needing a whole butt load of luck for my wedding, my honeymoon, my sanity. Either way, we'll get through it eventually. Am I like really unlucky or did any of you have some close calls when it came to tying the knot and everything.

Aqua 09-16-2004 02:59 PM

Good Luck Silentsoul (and the future Mrs)!

I hope things come together alright.

WildIrish 09-16-2004 03:19 PM

My sister in law had their reception hall burn to the ground....while they were there. Her husband swears it was a sign from God. They've been married 24 years with no end in sight.

Congrats on toasting your nuptuals and remember that you're there for...and with each other.

wyndhy 09-16-2004 04:22 PM

congrats to you both. and i hope you can both sit back and go woth the flow, wherever it may take you.

GingerV 09-16-2004 04:48 PM

Just don't forget, the whole point is to get all the people together you both care about in a room to celebrate the love between the two of you. The food and flowers and songs and fuss and bother is nice...but it's all icing. The cake is looking into each others' eyes and telling the world how much you care about each other. That's the whole thing.

I hope the details work themselves out. And if they don't, I hope you enjoy your moment nonetheless. Congratulations to the two of you!!

G

sodaklostsoul 09-16-2004 04:49 PM

Congrats and Good Luck!!!! But ya know, a perfect wedding is not half as remembered as one that has a few twists and turns!! People will talk about those for years.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*++*+*+*Lucky Dust for ya+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

OzKristin 09-16-2004 07:54 PM

ur gettin married on my b-day ;) congrats, and good luck

scotzoidman 09-16-2004 07:58 PM

Sucks about the possible hurricane, but isn't the honeymoon best spent indoors anyway?

LixyChick 09-16-2004 08:54 PM

Best of luck to you and your sweety, ss!

I had a September wedding too, and it was outside of my house...and it rained most of the morning and I freaked a bit. But just about the time I was to start out the door, the rains subsided...and throughout the entire ceremony it was calm.

Think positive...and no matter what happens...you'll have a positive experience!

" " " " " " " *throwing birdseed (cause rice is so "oldschool"") atcha* " " " " " " "

Cheyanne 09-16-2004 09:43 PM

No matter what the weather is, or where the location ends up to be, all that matters is that the two of you will be together...

Cobalt and I got married on January 2 and just a week prior the weather guys were predicting this horrendous snow storm!!!! We watched the weather every night, and of course the predicted storm got worse. The storm hit the day before late in the afternoon, we were decorating the church basement the night before for the reception and became concerned that the minister wouldn't be able to make it from Minnesota! Some of our family members weren't going to make it because of the weather. Needless to say I was a nervous wreak...

The minister showed up just as we were finishing up the decorating and we went home to watch the weather some more. We got up the next morning and couldn't see the end of the drive (we live in the country) it was snowing and blowing so hard. I took the girls and myself to the beauty salon to get our hair done (that was a trick - snowplows hadn't been out and didn't intend to go out until the wind died down). In the meantime Cobalt hooked up the plow to the pickup and went into town and plowed out the church parking lot and shoveled the sidewalks. When the girls and I were done getting pretty, we walked out of the door into almost knee deep snow and it was still snowing and blowing. We made it to the church, many of our friends and family that were local made it, and some of my family.

I walked down the isle to Aerosmith's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing", and we played Savage Garden's "Truly, Madly, Deeply" during the candle lighting....(Cobalt's mom's face was soooooooo funny during the music as she was hoping that we would have picked something more..........befitting a church setting LOL LOL )

Anyway, we had a wonderful ceremony - the white swirling world was outside and we were warm, in love, and deliriously happy. The reception was slightly hurried as it was still snowing and was going to get worse as the afternoon went on, so many of our guests decided to head home. We changed out of our wedding finery and Cobalt's parents took the kids to their place. Then, lol - Cobalt and I got suited up - boots, coveralls, gloves, scarves, you name it we put it on................................and left the church parking lot in his truck with the snow plow on it and started digging people out! (He plowed snow on the side). We found out later once the storm was over that it was the largest snowstorm to hit Iowa in 7 years!!!

We didn't care - we were together! So, even though you feel that some things may be against you, in the end the results will be the same - cherish it always!

Teddy Bear 09-16-2004 09:55 PM

Even when you plan everything well ahead of time, things can still go wrong....

I was at the hairdressers the morning of my wedding, when the florist delivered flowers to my Moms house. My step-Dad never thought to count them.... We were missing about 1/3 of what was ordered. Couldn't get ahold of the florist cause he was out delivering. (this was before the cell phone) About 10 min before the wedding started the florist showed up at the Church with the rest of the flowers that had been overlooked in his truck.

But that was nothing......

The AC broke in the reception hall the morning of our wedding!! They called in people to fix it but it remained broken! (needed some part they couldn't get that day) So the hall set up huge fans. Geezzzz, picture a room full of sweaty, dressed up people with these 'wind-tunnel' fans blowing 'em all over. Its was unbelievably hot in the hall. We found out later that our wedding day was the hottest day of the year!! Great day to be without AC.

Whatever happens ss, its not the wedding day that matters. Its the marriage and the love you have for each other. CONGRATULATIONS on getting married!!! May you and your bride always be happy, healthy and in love!

:) :)

rockintime 09-16-2004 11:10 PM

Congratulations and the best to both of you! The main thing. no matter what obstacles present themselves, ENJOY your wedding day and your lives together.

Moonchild 09-16-2004 11:26 PM

Congratulations, I'm sure things will work out some way. Honeymoon? Just need a hotel with a big bed right? :halo:

dicksbro 09-17-2004 12:59 AM

Hope everything works out for you both. Good luck and congratulations.

Catch22 09-17-2004 01:58 AM

May you have lots of little silentsouls.