Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   what's your monster house? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20184)

wyndhy 05-04-2004 01:28 PM

what's your monster house?

this is a show on the dicsovery channel. workmen come into your home and they have a few days to turn it into a living example of whatever theme you picked. the stuff they build is really over-the-top. i don't know who gets this show or if anyone even watches it, but i'm curios...

what's your monster house?

mine would be an enchanted forest.

Gilly 05-04-2004 01:34 PM

OooOoo... Anything at all? I suppose with kids that bordello would be out of the question... It might be neat to have a pirate ship house. The kids could have a bedroom with all sorts of slides and trap doors, and what not. :D Then, of course, the adults could have a lot of fun pretending the whole pirate theme.

nikki1979 05-04-2004 01:35 PM

id want a rain forest house w a water fall for a bathtub :D:D:D:D

nikki

Sharni 05-04-2004 01:37 PM

Forest....complete with a Legolas the Wood Elf :D:D:D

Irish 05-04-2004 03:03 PM

wyndhy---My wife watches it all of the time.I watched it when they built the NASCAR/HotRod House.On the same channel,I usually watch Monster Garade & American Chopper.I have been
building custom cars & Bikes for years,so I really appreciate the
detailed things that they build.Noone makes things anymore.
Everyone buys things off of the shelf.That's one of the reasons that customs,aren't customs anymore.Every place that I stopped,
with the last motorcycle that I built,there was a crowd gathered
around,because it was so rare to see hand-made parts! Irish

WildIrish 05-04-2004 03:08 PM

I already have a house decorated by monsters. :rolleyes:

Nice Guy 05-04-2004 07:01 PM

Irish you are to right. I wish that I had the talent to build, but alas I don't. Sure I can build things but I'm not a master crafter like those guys. I would rather spend the money and time on hand built items then all of this prefab crap.

Irish 05-04-2004 08:35 PM

Nice Guy---They get a small fortune,for that prefab crap,too.A few
years ago,I redid a friends,older Harley.He wanted me to replace
a few items,with aftermarket (chrome)items,from the Harley shop!
I couldn't believe the price!None of that crap,would bolt onto any-
thing that I built anyway! Irish

Eliza 05-04-2004 10:30 PM

I love this show!!!!!
My house would definately be the Midevil theme. :D

Steph 05-04-2004 11:44 PM

There's a completely circular house by the ocean in St. Phillip's, Newfoundland. It reminded me of a brown, earthy globe or a coconut. It's the coolest place ever although not monstrous.

PantyFanatic 05-05-2004 12:06 AM

I know about that house Steph. It’s unoccupied now. Everybody that lives there goes crazy trying to find a corner to pee in. ;)

Scorp 05-05-2004 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irish
wyndhy---My wife watches it all of the time.I watched it when they built the NASCAR/HotRod House.On the same channel,I usually watch Monster Garade & American Chopper.I have been
building custom cars & Bikes for years,so I really appreciate the
detailed things that they build.Noone makes things anymore.
Everyone buys things off of the shelf.That's one of the reasons that customs,aren't customs anymore.Every place that I stopped,
with the last motorcycle that I built,there was a crowd gathered
around,because it was so rare to see hand-made parts! Irish

hey irish, i've been wondering about american chopper, since i just have to watch it for some weird reason. being someone who makes bikes and such, from someone who knows the field, how would you say their bikes turn out? for the majority of the people who have no idea whats going on besides a pretty looking bike, i always wondered if someone who worked on them had some critiques.

Irish 05-05-2004 02:48 PM

Scorp---Everything has changed immensely,over the years.For ex.
they use a HUGE back tire.When I was into building,I used a custom wheel w/ a 5:10 by16 Goodyear Speedgrip Tire mounted,
custom spokes to a Triumph hub & special sprocket & engine sprocket!They were for better takeoff traction & braking.I built a
custom electrical box with everything on one tray,all hooked up
thru an aircraft connon plug.Many other custom things.Their bikes
look really nice but things have changed so much,that I can't really tell.There is a real talent,to designing the things,that the son,named Paul JR.,designs.I'm VERY impressed with the parts that he designs.The most impressive thing is the way that everything goes together.The MIA/POW bike was SUPER impressive.There were many details that wouldn't be noticed by
the untrained eye.Also,being from the VN era added.I have always had a soft-spot for MIAs,so I was really impressed!When I built in NH,I used to get most of my aftermarket parts,at Cycle
Stuff on Rantoul St.,in Beverly Mass.I don't know if they're still
there! Irish
P.S.The thing that impresses me the most,is that their bikes are
everyday transportation.Most customs are not ridden!Show Only!

skyler_m 05-05-2004 02:56 PM

I'm a big fan of Moster Garage, Monster House, and American Chopper. I can relate to Monster House more since I'm handy with wood working, but no very little about vehicles...

Anyway, I really liked several of the houses they did. The Vegas house was pretty damn cool (they had a huge picture of the Vegas strip that could pull down over their window that was backlit. it looked like their bedroom was overlooking the strip). But the Nordic house was too damn cool. They built a Viking ship in the back yard for the deck and made his dining room into a Nordic dining hall. VERY cool stuff...

Irish 05-05-2004 03:50 PM

skyler_m---I like Monster House,but I just can't relate to it like I
can with Monster Garage & American Chopper.I have been to the
Triumph motorcycle factory school(East Coast) in Towson(near
Baltimore)Md.I got an A in mechanics & an A+ in advanced mech-
anics.I was Foreman & Head Mechanic for a few Boat manufacturers,but I had my own carpentry crew(leadman + crew)
so I didn't have much hands on experience in woodworking.I PLOD thru,home projects occasionally,but I REALLY don't know
what I'm doing!Things come out alright,because I'm a perfectionist
(spell that Pain-in the-ass)but I take way too long! Irish