Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   >> Luck Be A Lady << (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25058)

Lilith 05-14-2005 04:35 PM

>> Luck Be A Lady <<

I was just thinking about numbers. I don't play the lottery very often. I buy, maybe, 2 tix a year. Is there a lottery where you live? Do you play? regularly?Do you have a set of numbers you always play or do you let the computer pick? Have you ever won anything?

Pita 05-14-2005 07:29 PM

You can't win if you don't play!

Explains my lack of winning I guess. :D

gekkogecko 05-14-2005 07:55 PM

The lottery is a tax on people who can't do math.

maddy 05-14-2005 08:44 PM

I only play about twice a year - when the jackpot is quite high. I play a quick pick and generally never more than $5. I know it's a tax on the mathematically challenged... but when it's HUGE I can't help but be drawn in.

RandyGal 05-16-2005 01:25 AM

I pick up tickets regularly and have won some small amounts. Never choose my own numbers though as I'm askeeeered of them being picked when I don't go get a ticket on one day.
We have a powerball game up this way, not sure how many states it covers but the game is only won a few times a year, if even that often.
They also sell scratch off tickets and I pick those up from time to time.

dicksbro 05-16-2005 03:34 AM

We used to put two dollars a week on the games (not worse than a couple of cups of coffee) and always used the same numbers, but don't do that now. Basically don't play at all any more. I think my wife won something like $50 once, but never enough to cover costs. :(

I've heard the European lotteries pay less for winnings, but more people win ... anyone else know for sure?

wyndhy 05-16-2005 08:55 AM

yep. lotsa lotteries. powerball and the state lottery and tons of scratch off of course. we don't buy them much, every now and then when the payoff is especially high. we usually pick our own numbers.
almost won a few bucks on the derby last week. flower alley fell behind though :(

WildIrish 05-16-2005 10:25 AM

We very rarely buy tickets. Maybe twice a year or so. It seems stupid not to spend a dollar on a ticket when the prize is up over a hundred million.

BlondeCurlGirl 05-16-2005 10:43 AM

I've never once bought a ticket...but might someday if there's a big enough jackpot. I'm never around to find out what the winning numbers are.

cherrypie7788 05-16-2005 03:54 PM

I cant say that I've ever bought a lottery ticket. I was taught not to waste money on stuff like that.

I've witnessed people spending $20 or $30 on lottery tickets and think it's just ridiculous, not surprisingly it's usually the people who look like they ought to be spending that money on something else.

Dubblz 05-16-2005 04:31 PM

I play $5,once,sometimes twice a week,on the Mega Draw..Once,the cashier made a mistake and punched up 2 tickets instead of one,so I bought the mistake.Won $598 on each ticket.Think I was hooked at that point,lol..Play the slots in Canada once in a while,too..No...Not the skin slots..Machines...LOL

Steph 05-16-2005 05:14 PM

Oh man, they've just showed a guy on the news who won $25 million & he was asked what he was going to buy with it first.

A sit-down lawn mower was his reply!

Aqua 05-16-2005 05:21 PM

Every once in a while if it's a really big jackpot.

I will only buy one ticket though. That's all it takes to win.