Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   interesting....to put it mildly (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25892)

wyndhy 08-05-2005 05:07 PM

interesting....to put it mildly

bigbad sent me this in an e-mail today: there is a web site out there that may or may not have you...yes YOU listed on it. for a small 23-ish$ fee...anyone, and i mean anyone, can check you out and find out almost anything they want to know.

scary stuff, my friends.

it's called www.zabasearch.com

if you want yourself removed, you must send them an e-mail. i have the email addy but i'm not sure if it's cool to post it here. pm me if you want it or maybe one of the mods will let me know it's okay to post it.

dicksbro 08-05-2005 05:29 PM

It is scary. Yep, I would like the e-mail address (you could PM me) but suspect that if they're doing this, there are probably a dozen other copycats doing or will do the same thing. :(

Here's an area the politicians should be addressing. Doubt they will, but they should. :mad:

wyndhy 08-05-2005 05:33 PM

you are absolutely right!. i'll bet there are tons of other copy cats DB. pm is on it's way as soon as i stop typing in this box and get to my messages :D

osuche 08-05-2005 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Let's seee......the site has my phone number from 1997 (wow! I bet you could trace me from that! Especially since I haven't lived in Cincinnati since 1999). It also pulls up a very interesting dialogue on "Wendy's Hamburgers". Why? Cause they'r ebased in Ohio??? :p

Oh......and according to the site....this is my pic! :D ;)

osuche 08-05-2005 06:58 PM

None of which is true...thank God. :D

But thanks Wyndhy for the tip -- this thing could be dangerous!

Lilith 08-05-2005 07:10 PM

It's probably only using public records.

jennaflower 08-05-2005 07:18 PM

Actually... do to what I do for a living I absolutely LOVE this particular site.... I have found more than a few rather illusive parents because of it. :) :)

scotzoidman 08-05-2005 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
It's probably only using public records.

That would be my gues as well...what they have posted on me ( without paying the fee for the background check) is fairly incomplete, considering how much one could get from any search of public records, e.g., they have my year of birth but not the month or date...also found, interestingly enough, about 5 other losers in this great land that share my handle...& 2 are about the same age as I, one of them at least part of a year older...damn, & I was convinced I wuz the 1st...
a few months back my wife showed my with some alarm what a google search of our phone # would bring up...all that really showed was the Real Yellow Pages listing, & where I signed up to be listed at Bandtastic (a little southeastern website to put musicians together with each other & possible venues to play...)

Lilith 08-05-2005 07:28 PM

Yep...Give me those details and I can run a wicked search as well. what I loved was that there is a typo in our name on the tax rolls. That's how we were listed :p

wyndhy 08-05-2005 08:40 PM

true, but peeps who go looking for public records ('cept just a phone # and address) usually need to show some form of id, check in, etc, not just click and paypal. it just makes me nervous.

Lilith 08-05-2005 08:48 PM

Public records like address and tax rolls, birth death, marriage and divorce are available at just a click. You don't have to sign up for/register/show anything. In fact in my state even the voter's registrations are available. Just have to search the county's online data.

Lilith 08-05-2005 08:54 PM

Actually I take it back...in order to access my county's clerk of courts traffic and civil court records I do have to type my full name on a non disclosure/copy agreement.

wyndhy 08-05-2005 08:55 PM

wow. just one click, for all that? or does some sluething need to be done?

what about the addresses of your family/relatives, roomates, legal stuff, leins....some of those things have your ss# on them as well.

it just seems creepy to me that anyone can do it all in one fell swoop for the price of a decent diner. especially nowadays, when id theft and internet stalking are a real, if somewhat rare, concern.

scotzoidman 08-05-2005 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndhy
wow. just one click, for all that? or does some sluething need to be done?

what about the addresses of your family/relatives, roomates, legal stuff, leins....some of those things have your ss# on them as well.

it just seems creepy to me that anyone can do it all in one fell swoop for the price of a decent diner. especially nowadays, when id theft and internet stalking are a real, if somewhat rare, concern.

ID theft IS a real concern, & we're prob better off not knowing how easily available so much detail of one's so-called private life is out there for the taking...I know I sleep better if I don't think about it...

Lilith 08-05-2005 09:23 PM

SSN is not disclosed on any of the clerk sites that I know of but I know I found transfer of title info on homes and businesses.

Seems when they tell you things are public record, they are. My state lists all the people who have warrants for non-support on their website for all to see. Searchable by name or county.