Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Back to School Madness (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31519)

Salacious 08-25-2007 02:21 PM

Back to School Madness

3rd Grade School Supplies
2007-2008

1 - pair scissors (Fiskars are best)
1 - box Crayola crayons
1 - school box (no larger than 9X6 inches) or zip supply pouch
1 - package of 12 pencils (sharpened)
1 - eraser (basic rectangular size)
1 - 12 inch ruler (with inches & centimeters - non-folding ruler)
1 - 4 oz. bottle of Elmer’s white glue
1 - glue stick
1 - colored ink pen
1 - yellow highlighter
3 - wide-lined notebooks
1 - deck playing cards (for math)
1 - large box of Kleenex (to be shared)
1 - pair tennis shoes for physical education
2 - two pocket folders (the plastic type is best)
2-3 dry erase markers & 1 dry erase marker eraser
1 - box Crayola markers – basic colors
1 - basic calculator

Writing lab supplies

1 – p lain rectangular eraser (no pencil top erasers or name)
1– 2 pocket folder (name/grade and teacher’s name)
3 - # 2 plain yellow pencils – sharpened (no decorations & no name)
1 - spiral notebook (name/grade and teacher’s name)

**Please label each item with your child’s name.

Didn't that one line just say no decorations and no name? :huh:

Are you all getting this detailed lists? I find them maddening... :sad: Why don't the school just buy them in bulk and send me a bill? That would be my preference...

Then life would be good. :loveshowe Off soon on my scavenger hunt of school supplies. :sad:

Salacious 08-25-2007 02:23 PM

Did I mention I have two kids and two different lists? Double the pleasure ...

Neige 08-25-2007 02:47 PM

I love having an excuse to buy pretty new pens and pencils :D

Lilith 08-25-2007 04:39 PM

I buy all my students' supplies and ask parents to donate paper towels, hand sanitizer, kleenex, and cleaning wipes as they can during the year. Oh! And snacks when they can afford to send some in.

osuche 08-25-2007 05:37 PM

(((Lil)))

dicksbro 08-25-2007 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
I buy all my students' supplies and ask parents to donate paper towels, hand sanitizer, a fifth of gin, a genuine new leather whip, some aspirin, kleenex, and cleaning wipes as they can during the year. Oh! And snacks when they can afford to send some in.

:yikes: :faint:

jk

:roflmao:

Lilith 08-25-2007 06:21 PM

LOL...At work I am the "go-to-girl" for drugs. I keep a small container of every kind of OTC drug you can imagine. Everyone knows to come to my class if you need a hook-up :p

I should really ask them to bring me aspirin :D

Salacious 08-25-2007 06:46 PM

So I have returned from the scavenger hunt. Would you believe Target is out of:

erasers (basic rectangular size)
two pocket folders (the plastic type is best) - of any kind!

I'll have to figure out what else is missing as I label and unlabel whatever is required... Lil you don't want to teach my boys do ya? :D

I'll send asprin! :)

Teddy Bear 08-25-2007 06:59 PM

I read this with mixed feelings.... my youngest starts her senior year of college on the 5th. On one hand I'm thinking 'yea!!... no more running around looking for school supplies'! :) And then on the other hand I'm thinking 'No more running around looking for school supplies!' :(

Pita 08-25-2007 08:31 PM

Nothing is worse than outfitting an elementary student. :rolleyes: It does get better Sal. My kid is in the 10th grade and we get no list. I throw some pens, pencils, paper, and a couple of 1" binders at her. She will come home with certain request for an item but it has been minor since she started middle school. Hang in there! :)

sodaklostsoul 08-25-2007 08:35 PM

Back in South Dakota we used to get a detailed list but here in Michigan the lists are not as bad. Kiddo used money her dad gave her before the list came out so we had to go back and get a couple of different things.

Salacious 08-25-2007 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinglingTess
Nothing is worse than outfitting an elementary student. :rolleyes: It does get better Sal. My kid is in the 10th grade and we get no list. I throw some pens, pencils, paper, and a couple of 1" binders at her. She will come home with certain request for an item but it has been minor since she started middle school. Hang in there! :)

Yea! There is hope, thanks Tess. I need that kind of encouragement.

ShadowDancer 08-25-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salacious
So I have returned from the scavenger hunt. Would you believe Target is out of:

erasers (basic rectangular size)
two pocket folders (the plastic type is best) - of any kind!

I'll have to figure out what else is missing as I label and unlabel whatever is required... Lil you don't want to teach my boys do ya? :D

I'll send asprin! :)

Did you try Walmart for the plastic pocket folders? I know I saw them at one near us...maybe a place to start.

Salacious 08-25-2007 09:06 PM

I will have to check there I suppose... I was tired and didn't want to be shopping all day!

Thanks ShadowDancer

ShadowDancer 08-25-2007 09:07 PM

I totally understand. Only reason I saw them, was I needed the regular kind of plain solid colored 2 pocket folder for a project I've been doing for a lady running a travel tour business.