Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   <Necessaries> (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6975)

Lilith 05-01-2002 02:13 PM

<Necessaries>

What are the personal possessions (objects, real, physical, animal vegetable or mineral) you can not live without? Those are your "necessaries"........tell us your top 3 please:D:p

mindboxer505 05-01-2002 02:20 PM

Weird.......i started to make a list and got to thinking......can i really live without these things??
guess my answer would be really just one thing......the friends i have here at pixies.....
you folks have gotten me through alot in the past few months and i dont think i could get along with out you ....
my original list......1. computer, 2. catfishing rod and reel, 3. study manual on bubushi...

Scarecrow 05-01-2002 04:54 PM

There are no possessions that I could not live without, I've been in situations where getting out with my life was enough(VN). Enough said.

vampeyes 05-01-2002 05:03 PM

my contacts (while I can technically live without them it makes it damn hard to see)
books
my music

Murphy 05-01-2002 05:07 PM

to plagarize , I mean quote, the Declaration of Independance:

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness...

Anything else is just a happy luxury...

Jizzlobber 05-01-2002 05:20 PM

...while technically I can "live" without almost everything as long as I am granted the basics to maintain physical processes ( IE: air, food, water etc.) I do have three things that make existance in this world at least tolerable and I would find continuing to live in there absence damn near impossible...

The first is the love of my fiance Anne, her support and tenderness have shown me three years that put the other 19 of my life to shame...

The second is words, in any form, if there is anything to rival my passion for my girl it is the love I have for language...

And the last is music...I can not go a single day without listening to at least one CD and I think the world would be a much more dark and dreary place without this form of art...next to language, music is the source of my spirituality...

sadora 05-01-2002 05:37 PM

On a much lighter note....

I find that it would be hard to live without
1. The rocking chair my granfather made when my mother was pregnant with his first granchild. I had the first grandchild, so it is mine, 'till I get my first grandchild.
2. My Dave Matthews Band- Listener Supported- DVD
3. My photos of my kids and loved ones.... my memories

This is my list of possessions, not people or animals, etc.

MilkToast 05-01-2002 07:09 PM

beer! (the darker the better please, make mine a porter).... ;)

seriously though... in the case of things I have... there really is nothing that I could not live without (physical posetions)...

funny, I really think that I am attached to a lot of my stuff, but in the end when I really stop and ponder it... none of it really matters...

now... where's that beer!

Dominatra 05-01-2002 08:17 PM

my sanity

my appreciation for life and love

memories

xanne 05-01-2002 09:20 PM

Like MilkToast says, I don't think there are any material possesions I really can't live without (as much as I like pixies and my puter). I guess I could live without my family and friends, but would life be worth living then?

Lilith 05-01-2002 09:36 PM

OK you are all so sweet and wonderful but I was asking about your stuff..... I know we can all live with out our stuff but what 3 things (physical things, touchable things, inanimate objects) make it easier or you to get by..... those are what I call necessaries simply because they are not necessary but sure help!
Here's mine~
1. my cell phone~ if I could get it surgically implanted I would.:p
2. my excedrin~ taken in large doses accompanied by coke or coffee it is a wonder drug:)
3.my herb garden~ all evil demonesses are skilled in the art and it gives me intense sensory pleasures..... the feel of the soil, the sight of all the insects that come to graze, the sound of the fountain in the pond nearby, the taste of all the wonderful concoctons I make with them and of course the fragrant smell of the oils released by the plants as you brush against them......ooooh herbs get me hot!:p:D:p

So tell me about what helps get you through....

ASH 05-01-2002 09:38 PM

While I could live without these, I hope to never have to.

1. Books
2. my friends
3. music

xanne 05-01-2002 09:51 PM

Ok then Lilith, since you put it that way. ;)

1. My cellphone (never, never part with it)
2. My puter (otherwise, no pixies :eek: )
3. Coffee, preferably lattes

RandyGal 05-01-2002 10:22 PM

Hmmm I must be weird.

My list is more stuff I ABSOLUTELY can't live without.

Tums.
Chapstick.
Oil Of Olay lotion.

OK dig deeper RandyGal. :p

Let's try...

Music.

Air.

The five senses and appreciating them. *I'm counting them as one* :D
(that would be sight, sound, smell, touch and taste)

legend 05-01-2002 10:38 PM

tea, milk, cornflakes.