View Single Post
Old 08-02-2002, 10:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
I havent worked for over a year due to a nervous breakdown due to stress and complications with diabetes.

I joined the Royal Australian Air Force at 16 and did an apprenticeship on Aircraft Engines and have a ticket as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. After my military service I jioned BOC Gases and worked installing mediccal gas systems completing schooling as a gasfitter at the same time.

I then did a course as a Medical Equipment service Technician and serviced anaesthetic machines, ventialators, humidicribs, medical gas and vacuum systems, flowmeters, electro surgical equipment and all sorts of related medical devices. I took courses in medical engineering and was promoted to Medical Engineering manager.

I designed medical gas systems and tendered for contracts, supervised the installations and tested and commissioned projects. I also worked with the Australian standard for Design and installation of Medical Gas systems for human use.

Due to down sizing I was retrenched and started my own company. The financial side of it was not to my liking and with quite a few bad or non payers I ended up in the stress situation.

On doctors advice I closed the company and have not worked since.