View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 09:26 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick
…. ANYONE can be an armchair referee or a Monday morning coach! What "we" have to realize is that we HAVE to learn from our mistakes/tradgedies or we are doomed to repeat them!…… I think this thread is mostly about trust and indifference. If I'm wrong...I'll eat my bra!…. Did we trust the scientists … NO! Why? … Do we ever truely believe something bad is going to happen? NO! We trust that we have capable minds and hands at the ready for any given situation that arises.
That leads me to PF's reference of jobs going to the one who isn't necessarily qualified. We have to start at the highest level and understand the trickle-down effect....you vote for all the idiots … he/she knows and owes...and it's YOUR fault that they have the job ..... who eventually trickled down a collage of idiots.… You can't bitch if you didn't do your homework!…... we go on about our merry way of trust and indifference. Or, we earnestly learn from our current mistakes and vow to take charge and change the future!
....Do your homework BEFORE the election...NOT AFTER THE DISASTER!..

You are right that this is about blind faith and indifference Lixy. …and for being right………… I get to eat your panties

You are spot on that when we put somebody in office you know they are going to fill the ranks with THEIR people. The whole topic here is that they have to start filling the positions of responsibility with people that are qualified and not more politicians. There are knowledgeable people of every persuasion and philosophy. It is a case of defining the line of bureaucracy capable people. These can not be more politicians at the head of something that has to perform.

Anybody that remembers the TV series WKRP recalls “handle it, handle it”. We have to MAKE the Mr. Carlson’s put the Andy Travis’s in place.

I think I need some more of that special oxygen again Lixy.
:lust:

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world