Thread: First post
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2002, 06:16 AM

First post

Well I just discovered this little gem of a site a few days ago and I must say I am really enjoying what I have seen so far. Couldn't resist posting a little contribution of my own. This is something I just finished writing for someone special :) I hope you like it as much as I did writing it.

Sighing to yourself you look out of the window at the world outside your house. It's raining, and you decide that it's fitting in some way. After all, today has been such a dreary day. The problems at work the night before have again followed you home and you just can't stop yourself from being angry at the political infighting and jealousy. Again you let out a deep sigh and idly watch the drops of water fall down and day dream of other days, other things.. and what might be one day...

You catch a movement from the corner of your eye and you turn to look. "oh," you say to yourself. "Great it's the mailman. Just what I need, more bills." You watch as he deposits a few envelopes and a small article into your mailbox and continues on to the next one. Soon he is lost from sight and your attention wanders back to your own Mailbox. Finally you decide you had best get it over with and see what bad news is waiting for you. With a great show of exaggerated effort you pick yourself up from your comfortable perch and put on a coat to go outside.

Reaching into the mailbox you pull out the usual envelopes. Solicitors wanting you to buy all kinds of products you have never heard of, and of course the expected bills. You frown as you look over them. Again you reach into the mailbox and your hand finds a small plain box. Pulling it out you inspect it curiously. It's wrapped in plain brown paper and has no return address on it. Turning it over in your hands doesn't reveal anything of it's contents and your interest piques as you idly muse over the unusual package. Still looking at it in your hands you return to the comfort of your home.

Deciding that whatever the contents of the package might be you had to deal with the important things first so you set it down on the Kitchen counter and sit down at the table to open and look through the new bills. You open the first and find nothing unusual as you set it aside to open the next. Expected but getting bills has not done anything to improve your day. As you glance over the invoice for the next bill your mind wanders again to the mysterious package and without thinking your eyes stray to the countertop to gaze at the object of your curiosity. For some minutes you stare at it, the bill in your hands all but forgotten. Finally you can't stand it anymore and you walk over to pick it up and examine it again. It's quite light and again your mind ponders what might be inside. Shyly, you give it a little shake but no sound nor movement is felt. Whatever is inside is packaged very neatly. Quickly, almost before your mind registers what you are doing your hands start to work at the bindings, removing the plain brown paper wrapping and very slowly, savoring the moment of discovery, you lift the lid of the plain cardboard box you have uncovered.

Your eyes widen slightly and your breath catches in your throat for an instant as you look inside at a silk cloth pillowing delicate white-pink rose petals. And you can see lost in the silky soft folds of the cloth is a parchment. Carefully, you reach in and disentangle the paper from the cloth and you discover that it is folded in three sections, with the topmost section laying over the bottom. The folds themselves have been sealed with a drop of crimson red wax. The strong perfume of the rose petals wafts up to you as you are examining the parchment and for a moment you feel a little thrill of excitement shiver up and down your spine. Who could have sent this to you? Deciding there was only one way to find out you gingerly break the seal with your fingers and carefully fold up the top flap and then fold back down the bottom.

Inside your eyes see a flowing handwritten script in the same crimson red as the wax that had sealed the parchment closed. Eagerly your eyes flow over the letters....

Swiftly the days fly by as I sit and dream in my world... I dream of many things, and in each dream I lose myself further and further.... I can see in my mind the perfect softness of your lips, as beautiful as the dawn's light across the morning skies. I see the infinite vastness of your eyes, pulling at my soul. And my body trembles as I breath in the scent of your fiery red hair it's intensity only matched by the flames of my desire....

How can a woman as intoxicating as this exist? My mind cannot comprehend, though my heart tells me that you are real; a perfection in mortal flesh, an angel personified.

My heart yearns to show you the appreciation that I know you have lacked in your life. To show you how a real woman deserves to be treated, to be worshiped...... To feel sexy, and free... and to be given the affection you so rightly deserve.... to show you the desire that such a perfect woman has awakened deep inside me....

Come to me my angel... Tonight, I have prepared something special for you. As the sun sets tonight, I would ask that you grace my presence.

At the bottom of the parchment tucked into a small pouch is a key marked with a number. Nothing else can you find to indicate what was to happen next or who the mysterious letter is from. Holding the key in your hand you start to wonder.....

Continued....