Thread: One Winter
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Married Couple

Chapter Three

Becky and Clint had barely made it half a mile from the house when one of the ranch hands rode up behind them. "Clint. Clint," the young boy called. The couple stopped to let the boy catch up. "Here," the boy said, handing Clint three large sacks. "Mr. Dawson said to ride these out to you. He said to tell you that there is a cooked game hen, plenty of bread and vegetables, and a few other items in there." Turning his horse around, the boy shrugged his shoulders and finished by saying, "He said that you would probably be gone for a few days. This along with the game you kill should hold you over until this storm blows over." With that the boy took off on his horse. Becky and Clint exchanged wide smiles at each before heading back on their way.

Around noon, Becky and Clint shared the game hen before they finished looking over the herd. While out, Clint had shot four rabbits that would serve as the meat for their supper that night. "I'll clean them once we get to the old homestead," he said smiling at her. "MMM Rabbit," Becky said smiling, "I just love rabbit meat."

It was about an hour before sun set when they reached the Dawson's original homestead. Clint unwrapped the quilts from Becky's waist and legs. He then helped her off her horse. He placed the quilts over her saddle before taking the reins from Becky. "I'll bring the quilts and sacks in after I stable the horses," he said. "I'll then be in and start a fire in the cook stove and fireplace. The house can be warming while I skin the rabbits. I'll cook them if you don't know how." "I know how to cook," Becky said laughing. Looking down at her feet she continued. "It would give me great pleasure to cook supper for you tonight..." She paused long enough to blush, "and every night for the rest of my life." Wrapping his free hand around her waist, Clint pulled her closed to him. Bending down until his lips almost touched hers, he said, "I'd like nothing more than to spend the rest of my life making you happy, Rebeka Dawson."

Becky moaned as Clint pressed his lips to hers. Her lips parted with ease as his tongue slipped between them. "MMM," she moaned as their tongues wound around each other. Clint's hand pulled her tighter to him as their kiss escalated. Becky could feel him dropping the reins from his other hand and place it on the back of her neck. "MMM," he too moaned as he pressed his mouth harder to hers. She wanted to melt as his hands rubbed her back and ass. She hadn't even noticed that the snow had started to lightly fall. She could feel his arousal pressing against her stomach. She had to take a deep breathe when he finally pulled away from her. She smiled as he too drew in a deep breathe. "I'd better get the horses stabled," he said. She watched as he turned and grabbed the dropped reins before heading off to the barn.

Becky's head was swimming as she entered the cabing alone. Her heart was racing from the unspoken declartion of their love. "He loves me," she said aloud as she hugged herself. Regaining her composure, she then looked around the one room cabin that she had been born in. Along one wall was a wood cook stove. A small cabinet stood a few feet away from it. She assumed that the cooking pans, dishes, and eating utensils were held in it. The fireplace along the far wall looked almost identical to that of the one back at the house. Finishing her look of the room, she noticed that there was no bed. "We'll just have to sleep in front of the fireplace," she thought to herself.

As he stabled the horses, Clint smiled with satisfaction as he thought of the kiss that he and Becky had just had. She had, in not so many words, told him that she loved him and would be his wife if he was to ask her. "I'll have her tonight boys," he said to the horses as he left the barn. He stared at the house as he walked towards it. The snow now was falling fast and heavy. Stopping short of the door, he smiled at the knowledge of what would happen tonight when they went to bed. He would be able to lay with her the way he had been wanting to for some time now. She would become his and his alone.