View Single Post
Old 09-20-2002, 11:03 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
SEX in the NEWS 9/21/02

Most young people not using condoms - survey

Two thirds of 19 to 25-year-olds are still having sex without a condom, according to a new survey.

A poll into youth attitudes toward sex, drugs and drink found more than 56% of teenagers aged 16 to 18 admitted having sex without protection.

This increased to 74% for 22- to 25-year-olds.

Meanwhile, more than half of those questioned aged 16 to 25 had tried cannabis and a third of 16 to 18s admitted using the drug. The figure for those aged 22 to 25 increased to 60%.

In the survey, 54% of the 16 to 25 age group admitted to binge drinking, which doctors say is particularly damaging to health, and 80% admitted a one-night stand after getting drunk.

The YouGov survey questioned 1,568 people aged 16 to 25 online. The poll was commissioned by Channel Five for its youth news programme The Edit.

But the survey did find some "traditional values" among young people.

An overwhelming 79% of 16- to 21-year-olds have never cheated on their partners and 54% of 16 to 18-year-olds are still virgins.

On sexual orientation, 15% of the 16 to 25 group did not consider themselves as "straight", 5% thought of themselves as gay and 6% as bisexual.

Story filed: 21:13 Thursday 19th September 2002

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas