Thread: Contraceptive's
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky
seems most ppl go for the pill still i guess.

wyndhy reason im thinking of going on something even thugh im not and dont plan to be sexually active is because sometimes things happen, regardless of if you want them do or not and reason for not getting the pcos treated is because im quite happy to live with it, of all the symptoms, only 1 or 2 i dont like , the rest, they kind of have a bonus lol, weird i know, but true

Chicky - if 'things happen' you need to be using condoms. If you have sex that isn't planned, the chances are it's not in a serious relationship - getting pregnant is the LEAST of your worries. If, God forbid, you were raped, you'd be given the morning after pill as a matter of course anyway.

I think you'd find that if you went to the doctors' and asked to be given the injection or implant, they'd want to try you on the pill first anyway, since they tend not to prescribe long term hormone treatment until they've seen how your body reacts to short term hormone treatments. In general I think they don't like the idea of fitting the IUD before a woman has children as it can on rare occasions have an effect on fertility.

I know you say you don't want kids, but you're still young. Trust me, things can change as you get older, and you should NEVER think of doing something permanent so young. There was a time I was never going to marry, never going to have kids, never work in an office, never have a mortgage...but then I grew up and realised that the terrifying commitment that all those things represented to me as a teenager became welcome stability and, in the case of marriage and kids, the biggest adventure I could ever hope to have.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !