View Single Post
Old 10-01-2002, 01:44 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Laughing at the sight of Summer maneuvering CK from the game, I turn to Prophet and wink. "This game is about to end," I say.

I proceed to point and call out balls numerically. They swish into the called pockets as fast as I can shoot them. I walk around the table and chalk my cue as I line up my next shot. At last I am to the eight ball which I purposely left in the middle of the table. I call a complicated triple bank shot in the side pocket. I shoot the cueball into the eight ball and it hits the upper rail, glances off and back towards me. It hits to the left of the lower left pocket. It banks to the right of the lower left pocket and out directly towards the right side pocket. It eases slowly close to the pocket but stops just short of dropping in. A sigh comes from the onlookers. I again look at Prophet, wink, and tip my hip into the table. The eight ball sinks and the crowd laughs!

I smile and take a cutesy bow and put the cue stick on the table. I round the table and take Prophets arm. "We have won. Whatever is our prize?" I ask.

~Thomas Dewar~