View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Everybody Stretch!

····Project Lixy····

In reading a thread from FussyPucker I realized life is passing me by. I seem to throw myself into caring for others while a year goes by and I've done nothing to better myself.

I'm putting it out there and hoping for some ideas...

Are there sites to help someone determine what their "calling" is? Are there agencies who can help determine this? I swear...I am 48 and I hate my job and it isn't condusive to my physical well being but I am scared as shit that I'll end up sewing for the rest of my life! I have no idea what to go to school for to move into another line of work. Matter of fact, it's scares me to think of leaving the money I am making to change jobs at this age.

I'd like to say I am a strong, determined type of chick...but in reality I am in a comfort zone that only seems comfortable to everyone around me and I'm terrified of changing it for fear of failure.

THERE! I said it out loud!

Now...what do I do about it? What has all who came before me done about it? Who wants to come over and kick my ass all the way to a psychiatrist? (<---don't answer that...it's rhetorical)

I highly doubt that caring for others is an option for me because I'm really not comfortable around sick strangers (like a roommate in hubby's hospital room for example) but I seem to handle it ok with family. To be honest I have a long list of things I wouldn't want to do but NOTHING I would feel comfortable doing while knowing the money I gave up. It just seems selfish.

OK...one thing I'd love to do is get really good at stained glass works. Nothing like suncatchers...I mean to the point where I am commisioned to do work for the hoity toity. How in the fuck can I achieve that stature at my age and with my lack of education?

Ya see? Life is passing me by and here I sit...typing my heart out...and not really knowing if I'll hit "submit new thread"...cause it all seems so selfish to me!

Any and all suggestions welcome!!!!!!!!!

~Thomas Dewar~