View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 01:51 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Jeez, where do I start? I've been coming back to this thread, & reading it over & over, just trying frame my thoughts...& once again, I'm not sure I can improve on anything that's already been said...but I can feel the fear in your post, Lixy, so...here goes nothin'...

Your situation sounds so much like my own a few years back...except that any security I felt was just from drawing a steady paycheck, since I knew I had mastered a dying craft, & I too felt like there was no way to start over again at my age...& when the axe finally fell, I found all my fears of an uncertain future made real, & as if that wasn't enough, when the locusts came, they devoured EVERYTHING...so I can empathize with you completely how it feels to stare into the abyss, & wonder how I could possibly make it to the other side...

But this isn't about me, is it...especially since I don't recommend my experience to anyone...but it does have some relation to the fact that when I found myself in that rut, I did take stock in myself, & figured I did have some value other than my work, & while my other lifeskills didn't look real promising financially, I did start trying to rebuild myself around the edges, figuring I should at least find some way to soften that hard landing a little...

It seems to me that this could be the start of good things for you, just because you've dared to stop & question the hamster wheel you're on...you've built this life one brick at a time, & that's how you'll have to go about building some different life...I can certainly understand your reluctance to tear down the one you have, & you shouldn't have to...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.