Thread: Nascar
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 11:01 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Thought I might add this close encounter in this thread...

Last night, while making a delivery to a truck stop/service garage on the western outskirts of town, I was passed by one tractor/trailer that stood out...couldn't tell the business name, but I couldn't miss the truck, chrome-laden & enough running lights to be seen from outer space All I could make out was a Target logo on the back, but it seemed a little extravegant to be hauling pallets of store merchandise...when it got about 100 ft ahead me, I was startled by the sound of an explosion, very loud it was...next thing I & everybody else around me are playing dodge-'em with huge chunks of steel-reinforced rubber...luckily, no damage to me or anyone else that could tell, but it got my heart a-pounding pretty good...the truck finally gets his speed down, & pulls over to the shoulder about a mile down the road, & I continue to my destination.
After dropping off a #50 truck part at the repair shop, I go back to my minivan, & in the parking lot behind me is that truck again...& now I see why it was so gussied up...it was the car hauler for the #41 Target Reed Sorenson car, obviously on its way from the shop in NC heading to the California Race this week...but I think he was gonna be delayed a little until he got that tire fixed
BTW, just as i got there, my dispatcher called me to say the customer wanted me to go back & get another part they needed, they didn't realize I was already in their parking lot...I declined to make the 2nd trip, it was late & I was still a little shakey from the near-disaster with the truck...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.