Thread: Pagan '08
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Ok, ok...got here as soon as I could...

Not sure I could be as useful as db was in arranging for discount accommodations, but I'll do what I can. This came up in chat some time back, when Nashville was first being mentioned. At the time, I suggested a halfway decent Red Roof near my place, just off I-65 & not too bad an area, except for it's right across the street from the main CSX switching yard...I don't know if that's a good place to be unless you're used to the sound of lots of trains, as I am (I did put my half-sister up there, & she didn't voice any complaints, & she isn't the type to hold back if she's not happy with things). The big obstacle to finding places here is that Nashville is very much a tourist industry town, any place nice enough to put up my friends is likely to be a tad pricey, & I understand how that can be a real factor. That, along with the fact that I don't do a lot of hotel shopping in my own hometown, means I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to send everybody. I can assure you that there are a lot of places to stay here, maybe too many choices...Nashville has an unusual neighborhood geography, & one can go just a few blocks in any given direction & go from a "good" area to a "bad" one very quickly. I guess it may come down to what the visiting parties may want to do when they get here beyond the "meet all the Pixies" event...if anyone really cares about the Opry and/or country music venues (I certainly don't!) we might put people around the Music Row area or east side near the Opryland hotel, but that could be tricky too...

I'm on the south side of town myself, maybe just south of the city limits in Brentwood might be an idea...but there, like so many other areas in this town, traffic sucks

Let me keep working on it...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.