Thread: Photographers
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 09:58 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Teach me! Teach me, please.
I know slides can be copied with special adapters on scanners and with adapters that attach directly to your digital camera, but slides are 'positives' instead of negatives. Is there a way you can get negatives into a digital format without a print?

I also wonder if we are talking proofs or a contact sheet. I know that at one time 'proofs' were made with a process that was a type of print purposely very off color (including grey scale) and designed to fade out almost completely within months. They were a sales tool given to the customer (normally 5" x 7") from a shoot, to select high end prints to be made in any size. I know a 'contact sheet' to be a page of frames the same scale as the actual film which made it so small, selection was done with a loop.

I'm not sure what you have Lil, but I'm sure Coaster can tell you (and me) a lot more. Whatever it is, keep it covered from direct light.

I'll be interested in what you find out. Keep us posted.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world