View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 01:13 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
i think that a lot of the time, people just don't realize the impact it has on the environment. they figure that it's just water after all, and whether it comes from pepsi-co or my tap, it's all the same in the end, even safer, and that the PET plastic is recyclable so it's no big deal. but the impacts are actually huge. and it's so silly that we fall for it and allow this ridiculous form of pollution to continue because it's so fixable when you give it a moment's thought. i recently read that certain government offices in the UK are getting rid of their bottled water, as are government offices in california. so smart.

i'm guilty of buying the occasional bottle for a road trip when i forget to fill up a bottle from home. and i'm not saying that you should trust that anything that comes out of your tap is 100% safe. that's absurd. i don't usually drink water straight from the tap, and i certainly don't give it to my kids to drink or make bottles for the baby with it. just be safe and filter it. we have well water here (the well is way deep and chances of contamination are slim) but we still filter, nevertheless - for sediment in the basement and, other, nastier stuff in the one in the fridge.

as you can see it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose