Thread: Best Concert?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 03:35 AM
unregistered mutt. woof!

I went to so many concerts that it's not easy to peg one best. What I can give is a bit of a categorization of some.

The best event I ever went to see was on Sat. 21 Jun 1975 at The Empire Stadium, Wembley- London England, to see (respectively) for a $50 ticket; Rufus-featuring Chaka Khan;
Joe Walsh (solo after James Gang AND BEFORE joining the Eagles);
Joe Cocker -one song cameo- "You are so beautiful.";
Eagles touring their "On the Border Album" I think Randy Miesner and Bernie Leadon were still in the group [the true original group]. As a bit of trivia, I think Timothy B Schmidt was just getting things worked out from POCO;
The Beach Boys (forever so popular in England); and,
The headliner was Elton John, "Philadelphia Freedom had just hit #1 in USA." Elton John was the best performance I ever saw at the time;

The LOUDEST ever was Emerson Lake and Palmer in Mannheim Germany- I have the live recording of that concert tour on tape!;

The ROWDiest concert crowd was at an Alice Cooper performance. His album "Black Widow" was going to #1 in Europe, the Cavemen MC was in charge of security;

The most fun was JAN & DEAN in Portland Oregon; and,

THE most memorable exciting and heart-throbbing concert was The BEEGEES in Portland in Spring of 1979. At that moment their song "Trajedy" was #1 in USA & UK. They opened the show with it and did a three song encore.

Talk about CLASS ACTS. All of these concerts were tops of the lot. Rod Stewart blew us away in Frankfurt. So did Eric Clapton in the "Jahrhunderthalle" that evening in touring his 461 Ocean Blvd LP with the girl who sang the lead role from the stage production of "Jesus Christ Superstar," Yvonne Elliman. Fats Domino was the opening act.

YES was phenomenal in their concert. At another venue, we were driven wild by Deep Purple with Thin Lizzy opening the show and electrifying every soul that knew hard driving Rock n Roll.

I feel though, that to give you what I think is the best concert I've ever attended, it was the performance shown me by my Daughter when she sang "Hopelessly Devoted" in her school talent production.
Adage: 2 things are certain in life; Death & Taxes. Therefore; God & Beelzebub had a meeting to fix the problem. A mighty storm prevailed for ages until finally they ended the storm with the agreement: From now on Anyone whom chooses doesn't have to die. "Everyone wins said Beelzebub. You get an eternally grateful bunch of worshippers praying forever for lower taxes as I goad & prod them forever with higher & higher taxation."