View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Gone with the Wind

ca ca

I had a wonderful Professor during my quest for my MSN who maintained that that a diagnosis of sexual addiction was in the same class as "co-dependancy", i.e., faddish, and unable to withstand the tests of time. She maintained that the behaviors were really symptoms of other more realistic mental illness, such as depression, borderline personality disorders and so on.
She and I discussed it at length, and she convinced me.
My own therapists have agreed.

Look;
I love sex, and pursue it with total, unrestrained joy. (i.e. I am a slut)

1. I keep some things secret from the general public. (my fondness for group sex and bukkake, for example)
2. I take risks, semi public sex is a huge turn on.
3. Erotica is a turn on.
4. Fantasies are a daily part of my sex life, especially fulfilling them.
5. I have one night stands. So? The point was to have friendly sex, not start a new romantic relationship.
6. NO. I like to touch myself.
7. Not every relationship is destructive, even if it doesn't last forever.
8. Yes, I have a passion for intensity and variation in sex. I know and understand why, and it is not "sexual addiction"
9. Of course. So. I like sneaking into hotel pools and spas and skinny dipping or even having sex. It's fun. Chased by security a few times, that's also fun.
10. I seldom go to the Confessional anymore. Relating the events of the weekend is sometimes stressful to the person hearing my confession.
11. Yes. Every time I have intercourse with a man there is ALWAYS the chance of catching something or getting pregnant. I take adequate multiple precautions, so the chance is virtually zero. I have had several several encounters that became violent to some degree, and have avoided making the same mistake twice.
12. Going to a Women's Business Club luncheon and not discussing the joys of a gang bang, bukkake or a 3sum tends to make me feel a tad alienated from the other Women. So?

Simply, I have issues, problems, that affect my sex life. I am NOT addicted to sex.
There is a difference.

WW

---Margaret Cho