View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 07:37 AM
Lusting Horny Pixie

I hate to say this, but perhaps its time for a recession. To be perfectly honest, in my own personal life, I can't imagine it being any worse. Perhaps a recession would open the eyes of the people to the reality that it isn't the governments job to dish out handouts and fix everyones problems! IMHO it is because people continue to over extend themselves and then expect that the government will bail them out that only proves to make things worse!

There was a time not long ago (let's say 25 years ago) when my father would have (and often did) do whatever it took (including working 3 jobs) to ensure that our family was taken care of.

Skip ahead to today, when 50% of marriages end in divorce and of those that have children, most are failing (by choice) to support their children. Instead of supporting the families by hard work and sacrifice, they are depending on our government to feed, clothe, and support their families. Our system of hand ups has not only turned into hand outs but is being abused.

I urge anyone to go spend a day in your local social services office. Watch how many able bodied people are coming in for their hand outs! I promise you that the out number those who truly need a hand up by 9 to 1!

After that outing, go to your local social security office. You will find able bodied people there as well!

Our system is busted all the way around! The financial-morgage-investment bailout is only one part of it.

Personally, this bailout isn't helping me.

Off my soap box! I apoligize if I offended!