View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 07:11 PM

[QUOTE=BamaKyttn]many of us who play the game tend to be escapists./QUOTE]

Yep, this is an accurate description of me. But then again, I've been an escapist for a very long time, since I was kid (for reasons that I prefer not to discuss on a public forum). I started with "worlds in my head" (aka, fantasy and sci fi novels) and eventually got into tabletop RPGS. It was a friend/coworker of mine that introduced me to WoW.

Do I play a lot of WoW? Yeah, probably way more than I should at times. But I have no girlfriend or wife, and I have a job where I have several months off a year. I still make a lot of time available for my son (and my daughter, when she visits), but sometimes they want to sit and watch me play. My son even gets to play, on rare occasions for a limited time, as a treat or reward.

Having said all that, I have tried other MMORPGs (Hellgate London, Guild Wars, Conan, Warhammer, and a couple of others (though Conan and Warhammer were both the free trials)), but none of them have been as entertaining as WoW. And that is probably why I continue playing, for the entertainment value. I still read a lot, but the tabletop RPGing has died off (mostly because of a lack of players in my area).