View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Yankee in Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaklostsoul
Sales people who don't know crap about what you need.

My daughter wanted a fish. Granted I should have done a bit of research first. But when I bought a Blood Parrot and said it was going in a 5.5 gallon tank, you would think the guy selling me a heater and air thing would have mentioned the fish needs a 30 gallon at least. Found that out from a message board. So now I need to try and get a bigger tank as soon as I can. CRIPES!!!!!!!!

A simple fish has turned into a big mess!!!!!!!

I had something similar happen. Only mine was an Oscar (aka velvet cichlid). I realize that the common assumption is that people working in a specialized department should have a general knowledge of the product, but chances are you were dealing with someone working a summer job and only know to feed the fish x times a day and not what kind of fish they are. It's like getting your oil changed at Wal Mart. I worked the Tire Lube Express and had no prior experience working on cars except my own. Isn't it nice to know that people are driving on tires that I installed with on the job training?
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf