View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 05:18 AM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaKyttn
Over a year ago, Marlboro and I were in a hotel. He told me he didn't believe in divorce and thats why he'd been very careful to not make a commitment to any woman. He felt that it was a commitment not entered into lightly and that he wanted to be sure she was the one he would spend the rest of his life with.

He then told me he had decided from our first 10 + hour conversation, sight unseen, that I was what- who he'd been looking for. He gave me a year and a day to make up my mind.

Since then I told him if he really wants my answer he needed to show up with a ring.

He has moved to Alabama, from TX. He has met all four of my parents (the two that raised me, and the two that are college friends of theirs that helped raise me). He has met the majority of my extended family, only one has been alarmed by him. Unfortunately color bias is still alive but my other aunt told her hes "a nice boy" and to "get to know him before you condemn him."

He has cooked almost daily for myself and my parents for several months. He spent a week away from me with my father helping at a Search and Rescue seminar in a non climate controlled camp lodge, and is looking into getting a dog so he can train it for Search and Recovery work so he better understands my hobby. He's teaching me to code so I can understand better his passion as well.

His father has spent a couple of weeks with us, and my parents. Everything is going beautifully.

We had our (dating) one year anniversary earlier this month, he reminded me for a few weeks before the date. The next night I was in the bathroom. Doing what you do in a bathroom sitting down... He tapped at the door, stuck his head in and held out his hand, palm down. He dropped something in my palm, blurted "Here, this should fit, I love you!" and disappeared down the hall before the cold weight in my hand even registered.

It's unconventional, even the ring is unconventional. The ring is silver, and there's rock involved but no diamond. Our rings are silver over rare earth magnets. We are different. We each feel the other is rare. And like the rings, have a very strong attraction to each other.

I haven't technically said yes yet. I can't wear it on my finger due to work (no rings allowed unless on a chain around your neck) nor can he, it would erase his laptop.

But I will say he surprised me.....