View Single Post
Old 12-31-2002, 03:10 AM
Pixies Horse Widower

Send a message via ICQ to dm383
Missy, I don't have a whole lot to add to what sex-24-7 and Dallas already said; more of a "confirmation" really. My wife & I split up a year ago in August... my fault totally, and something I regretted immediately I did it! Having read a lot, and spoked to a number of good friends, I decided most of them were right in saying I wouldn't have done what I did if I'd been happy... even though I felt gutted at the time. So, I thought long and hard, and came to the conclusion I hadn't been happy; and I now felt freer and more relaxed than I had for years.

(Boring.... fast-forward!) Anyway, after a few months of nothing, not even dating, I signed up to a couple of dating sites (AND Pixies.. 2nd best move I ever made ) and 3 months ago met a gorgeous lady, online. Things are going very well - we have a lot in common, and enough differences to make things interesting. Bonus is, my wife is also dating a nice guy (I met him last week, for the first time) and we get on 1000% better now... which has improved the relationship I have with my daughter.

Looking back, it was a horrible way for my wife & me to find happiness - both endured a LOT of grief to get where we are now... but, selfishly, I have to say it was worth it.

<Dallas, THIS is rambling!!> Point is Missy, I think you have to "go at your own pace".... that special "someone" IS out there, and you'll likely bump into him when you least expect it!!

Best of luck, and enjoy it when it comes!

DM
I only own my mind