Thread: ~Expectations~
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2003, 03:23 PM
Everybody Stretch!

TY everyone! I love to be right (teehee!) but I told hubby I would pose the question here and if the general consensus was in his favor I would concede to his all knowing!

I really guess I should have mentioned we have known these friends and their children (watched all 4 girls grow up and 2 have children of their own) for years! The eldest (Missy (Melissa)) is 22.......or she will be on the 13th. Ergo the reason that this party was so spontaneous. The 13th will be Thursday and they decided not to wait till the following weekend, after the fact.

I ended up getting Missy a pretty handpainted glass votive and scented candle and a card from the card and gift shop. She collects sunflowers and the votive had wildflowers (with sunflowers) painted all over it. The gift bag I got to "wrap" it in had big sunflowers and wildflowers on it as well. It was even prettier than the gift and the tissue paper had colorful hearts on a background of yellow to match the sunflowers. I got a bag of those Valentine hearts and sprinkled them into the bag when I had the tissue paper just right. I made hubby pull over to a less traveled part of the parking lot and opened the truck door and did all this and signed the card as well. I was tempted to NOT even sign his name....LOL!...but I did anyway! He kept fidgeting and I knew he wanted me to hurry. We stopped for wine and went to the party. We had a wonderful time and Missy LOVED the votive and candle.....but especially loved the gift bag it was wrapped in! She gave me a big hug and a kiss on the cheek and went over to hubby and did the same. He actually blushed! I knew it was because he then knew.......I WAS RIGHT!

LMAO!

~Thomas Dewar~